M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help!!!

I have an 08 Black/Gray Busa,

However I think it's time I slow down a tad and get more comfortable, I am 6'4" tall and weigh 230,

I have been looking at the M109 and am falling in love,:p I was curious what you guys knew about the transition, lol...

If I could I would keep it and get both however I can't at this point.:mad:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
:welcome: first of all......

I came off a cbr and was just too hard on the back the older I got... (44 now) BUT I fell in love with the stock 240 rear tire... BUT then went crazy and went to a 10 inch rear rim and a 280, then I went to a steel swingarm and went to a 300 rear...... I LOVE THE FATT BACK END!!! GOOD LUCK on your 9! Hope you get it soon and start Modding bro! And if you need anything about a 9, its on here, just look around.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,

My G/F loves riding w/me, however the last few times I just have to much weight on my wrists and can't seem to find a good middle ground and I end up with a numb feeling in my fingers, a friend I ride with sometimes who races GSXR1K, and he happens to be a med student said thats the beginning of Carpal Tunnel or something, and I am like great.:edit: So I am looking for a change.

I just don't enjoy riding as much unless I am going way to fast and acting foolish, and I am 35, lol...

All model M109s are the same from 06-present right, just special paint on the LEs?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have seen and talked to many who have switched over. I`ve not known of any regrets. That is one fantastic bike you have there!
The 109 feels "sport like" compared to a "grandpa" bike and I`m sure you will be happy in many ways
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just came off a sport bike for leg pain issues from an injury. A month ago and Im happy to say I love the 9. I now dont have pain and enjoy rideing again with no pain. Getting old sucks but the 9 is a great fit.

I had a kid on a gsxr roll up on me the other night. He was able to egg me into a drop a gear go. Im happy to say he was not able to stay with me due to lack of rideing experience. Gotta love the 9 it has all the power your used to in a more relaxed way.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Well,

My G/F loves riding w/me, however the last few times I just have to much weight on my wrists and can't seem to find a good middle ground and I end up with a numb feeling in my fingers, a friend I ride with sometimes who races GSXR1K, and he happens to be a med student said thats the beginning of Carpal Tunnel or something, and I am like great.:edit: So I am looking for a change.

I just don't enjoy riding as much unless I am going way to fast and acting foolish, and I am 35, lol...

All model M109s are the same from 06-present right, just special paint on the LEs?
Yes M109Rs don`t change much

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,

I haven't even ridden one yet but am working that out in the coming weekends,

Lol, It's either an M109 or a Fat Boy Lo, lol...

Thought about the Warrior also, but just can't bring myself to buy a Yammer Hammer, :dontknow:

·
Registered
947 Posts
I made the switch from crotch rocket to M109 at age 34. Got tired of the crouched position of the R6. Sure it's a change but after a few hundred miles, I can't even remember what it was like riding the other bike.

I looked at a few Harley's too but trust me, you're better off getting a 109 and having the extra $5,000-$10,000 for mods :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
One thing I like is the 109R reminds me a lot of the Busa rear end.

It is plenty quick to be stupid and have fun for sure!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Head Busa

I too had the K8 Busa!!!!!! Even when i got the head busa i was eyeballin' the 9 the whole time...then a few months ago just decided to get the beastly 9!!!!! I don't have any regrets...for me there was way more stuff i could do to the 9 then to the head busa...I'm telling you...and some guys on here can attest....i've gotten more :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: and more "man that is a nice ride, and what kinda of bike is that" :a18::a18::a18:in the last month than 2 years on the head busa!!!! The 9 is a badd azzz ride bro!!! You won't be disappointed!!!!! Oh...my wife loved the head busa...she likes the 9.... Go figure!!!! Hope this helps!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
busa to 9

YEA I CAME FROM AN 08 BUSA (SAME COLOR AS YOURS) TO THE M109, DONT REGRET IT OTHER THAN WHEN I WENT TO THE GAP COUPLE WEEKS AGO, MISSED IT THEN GOING THRU THE CORNERS! IT WAS VERY COMFY FOR THE 1100 MILES FOR THAT WEEKEND. IVE PUT 4500 MILES ON MINE IN ABOUT 6 WEEKS. I LIKE TO RIDE, AND ITS FUN TO RIDE. I HAD 20K ON MY BUSA WHEN I TRADED IT FOR THE 9. THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT THE 9 IS WITH THE FORWARD CONTROLS, YOU CANT STAND UP ON THEM LONG RIDES TO GIVE YOUR A#$ A REST, UNLESS YOU STAND ON THE PASSENGER PEGS (WHICH IVE DONE)

·
Registered
877 Posts
:welcome:1st luv ur busa...when i bout my 9 it was outta this or busa...good luck

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thanks guys,

I haven't even ridden one yet but am working that out in the coming weekends,

Lol, It's either an M109 or a Fat Boy Lo, lol...

Thought about the Warrior also, but just can't bring myself to buy a Yammer Hammer, :dontknow:
You will be VERY disappointed with the Fat Boy, sloooooooooooooooow!

The 9r is a soft evolution from sport to cruiser, going from a busa to a Harley is a very hard realization!

There is a comparison by popular mechanics between muscle cruisers somewhere on this website, the 9r is untouchable by the Hammer/Warrior/ Night rod. check it!

Ride on...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys,

I so wish I could have both!

However I am searching for a black one, I love the black wheels on the 2010LE but am not diggen the red stripe,

We'll see. I am thankful they are relatively unchanged over the few years,

Question, when you guys run and exhaust and such are you having to run a PC?

The Busa world has been opened up with ECU editor and a lot of tuning shops can just re-flash your factory ECU,

I know the Sims Busa with NOS was a factory re-flashed ECU from Lees Performance out of Charlotte NC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my Busa since 2008 and still love it! A few months ago, I ran across a deal on the 109R and picked it up! Wow, it's a beast! Very nice bike! And like the guy said earlier, I do get alot more oooh's and ahhh's from the 109R, but the Busa is my baby still. I am fortunate to be able to have both and if left with your choice, it'd be a very tough one for me. The 9 is definitely fun though! The 9 is a very suitable replacement coming from the Busa! Good luck on whatever you decide! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Welcome and good luck man! I came from R1's and I love this bike!!!!
You will not be disappointed!
Actually a friend of mine just decided to get a bike again and I told him to ride mine, see if he likes it. He was talking about the 9 or the Fatboy Lo.
He wouldn't take mine out and put money down on the Lo. With all the extra mods that he plan to buy from the dealer, it will cost him $28000(cad)!!!!
I can't believe he just did that,but I can't wait to whoop his ass every time we ride together, at half throttle that is!
Dumbass!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really am enjoying the 9 from a comfort standpoint. But there are so many things I miss about the Busa. If I were your size I would look at some comfort mods for the Busa before switching. You will miss the power wheelies and other sport bike things. But if you are that uncomfortable (as I was) you will enjoy the switch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hear ya, I have a Tobin seat front and rear and the Buell peg mod.

However the factory seat gives more leg room but leaves you riding on top of the bike and not comfortably with it. And I am not a fan of bar risers.

Its to the point now I don't ride it much because of the discomfort, I can't believe it's come to this.

Oh it's totally bearable when your tinkering around in her sweet spot, problem is it's between 70-130 and that's with a Speedo Healer, I mean you who have ridden one know she just loves to stretch her legs...

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
You will be VERY disappointed with the Fat Boy, sloooooooooooooooow!

The 9r is a soft evolution from sport to cruiser, going from a busa to a Harley is a very hard realization!

There is a comparison by popular mechanics between muscle cruisers somewhere on this website, the 9r is untouchable by the Hammer/Warrior/ Night rod. check it!

Ride on...
Try the Raider...Yamaha ain't so bad...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts