M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
As you know my bike was usede to fab the controls for the M109R. Here is one of the last emails I received from him dated 12 February. Maybe this summer.

Frank,
Just want to give you a heads up. I'm finally getting around to where I can possibly put the 9's on the machine to finalize.
One concern I have is that I am not 100% happy with the design. It is intended to be adjustable, so there are spacers required. The issue I have there is that the 9's frame tapers inwards very mildly towards the front of the frame, and this makes it difficult to nail down a perfect part.

Once I get the chance to look at another 9, I may come up with a different solution, and then we will finalize. I've got a guy with a 9 at the end of the street (I believe so anyway as I've seen his bike near the transmission shop a few times).

I'm really a bit concerned about the work involved, and the end user cost on these things if we go too crazy on these, so I may end up having to eliminate the adjustability and just go with one fitment period. I know this will be a bitch for you, as they will have to go forward, but with the frame design, I'm just not happy with what the result of a machined spacer may look like. If I can figure out something different, and fabricate the spacer, weld it, bend it, etc. and still keep cost down, then I will do that. Just be aware that your personal opportunity to use it may be effected due to them being forward.
Those spacers may also require a lot of lateral spacing and that is going to cause issues with scraping and cornering.

Let me see what I can do to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience. I know it seems forever, but my year has been topsy turvy with the economy, and with running all the operations for both of my companies, so it has not been out of mind, just for lack of time.

I will try to get something moving in the next couple weeks and get back to you on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts