M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading numerous posts here about the plating job on the stock mufflers, I had to run out an check mine. Same issue some other 109 owners posted. Rough finish - grabs cloth when trying to clean/polish them. The more I look at them, the more I get ticked and wonder how they will look in a year or two.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting your dealer to replace them - no charge? If so, was the quality of the replacements any better? I am going to make sure my dealer notes that I complained about them in case there is a recall down the road. Wonder if the 07's have this problem?

I don't want to put aftermarket pipes on it just yet. I like the way it sounds now. Besides, I want to hear aftermarkets pipes in person (no WAV files on the net) before I buy them this time. Been burned too many times by cool ads only to be dissapointed by the sound.

Ride Safe!
Rob

·
Registered
422 Posts
I used clay bar and metal polish on mine.
They no longer grab the cloth but still look pitted in the sunlight.
I asked my dealer and the response from Suzuki was no as it was only a cosmetic issue.
I will be talking to them to state my case.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great tip. I will try the clay bar and polish. Must be Suzuki went with lowest bidder on the plating?

Thanks Aussie for the tip!

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts