M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you who are in, or near the Joliet area, give me a call and we'll do some riding. You can reach me anytime at 937-620-2141. Jim

·
Registered
195 Posts
I live a little over an hour south but work at Mobil in Channahon. The bike will be back together in the next couple of weeks and I'll definitely be ready to ride. These intermittent nice says have been killing me! Where do you live?

Dave

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live a little over an hour south but work at Mobil in Channahon. The bike will be back together in the next couple of weeks and I'll definitely be ready to ride. These intermittent nice says have been killing me! Where do you live?

Dave
I live in Joliet. Do you know Tim (mobilrider06)? I believe he works at Mobil too. I've been in touch with him a few times and we may be going for a ride Firday. What are you doing to your scoot that's got it apart? How far from Joliet is Channahon?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Channahon is the actual address of the refinery. Its just south of Joliet.

yes I work with Tim. He's a good guy.

I have the front end apart to black out the forks, trees and calipers and to replace the wheel. It was bent last fall. I'm waiting on the wheel to get here then have to black it out and get the tire mounted. I work every day until next Tuesday so I'm hoping to have it done for my weekend off the following weekend.

We'll all definitely have to get together and ride. I'll keep in touch.

Dave.

·
Registered
643 Posts
It's supposed to be in the 70's mid week.....anyone in for burning some gas?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Me and Grampi are trying to get together on Thursday evening. I can be on the road by 4:30 to meet up. Friday is kind of up in the air for me Dave.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sounds good. I'm gonna give grampi a shout tomorrow and see if he wants to ride....he works close to my house. Hopefully its warm enough for him to ride to work. And maybe he can give me a tour of his work.....:bigthumbsup: I just finished an 8 day trip, so I'm riding tomorrow for sure. If anyone would like to meet up, just send a pm or a text (847)312-6867.

I'm taking the night off from the Hawks.....they are making my blood pressure go through the roof. :edit:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys

Been on the forum for a little over a year, but just purchased my 9. I will be picking it up across the border of IN on 04/17/10. Live down in the Peoria area so riding up to Joliet (two uncles and two cousins live in Joliet and Naperville) is a road I traveled often.

djohansen, I agree, the last couple of day have been killer. what is worse is one of my co-workers has been parking his Harley just below my window and goes out there on his break just to start it up. Oh how I hate him!

Anyway, look forward to getting my 9 and getting to know some of you first hand.

·
Registered
189 Posts
'sup boys?? after selling the 109 and not riding last season i'm back on 2 wheels, although not a 109 or even a suzuki (my first non zook ride). i'm game for riding thursday for sure. dgk i'll shoot u a text around lunchtime to see what the plans are. so i'll be the out of place guy in the group but i don't care :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sorry guys, got called in to fly today. Did get to ride to the hangar last night though.

Grampi, it was good to meet you. Hope you get some riding in with some of the other guys today. Hopefully we can head west next time, maybe towards Starved Rock.

See you guys soon.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys, got called in to fly today. Did get to ride to the hangar last night though.

Grampi, it was good to meet you. Hope you get some riding in with some of the other guys today. Hopefully we can head west next time, maybe towards Starved Rock.

See you guys soon.
Good to meet you too Dan! I'll see if I can have the forecasters order us up some decent weather for next week. Right now they're calling for rain every day :-\

·
Registered
55 Posts
anyone interested in meeting out by route66 and cruising out to starved rock down rt. 6 the weekend of the 24th?

also... i'm taking the 109 to the the test and tune on the 17th. anyone else here going?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am interested for both events. Depending on my schedule, may be my only hang-up. Keep me posted.
the earlier the better on the 17th if you wanna get some runs in. i'll be out there when the gates open.

as far as the starved rock run.... sundays usually works good for me. can't remember the place in utica... little pub on the corner on the main drag... has pretty good burgers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Where is this Test and Tune at. I'm interested in that and as of now I finally have an entire weekend off that weekend. I should be good for the 24th as well.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys I am from Lockport. Can you let me know when you guys go out?
Tigz (Arnie) and I are going for a ride this afternoon, and djohansen77 (Dave), mobilrider06 (Tim), and I are going Monday afternoon. Give me a call if you're interested in going either day.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts