M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm actually Sicilian, and i was wondering if there was any other Italians/Sicilians here?
And trust me there is a difference between the two, and I'm actually 100%.,.,.,.,.,.:bigthumbsup:Read, write it lived there and all

·
Registered
241 Posts
italian

I'am Italian, Calabrese pretty close to Sicily but I have never lived there only vacationed there. I can only speak and write dilect (somewhat). Welcome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If New York Italian counts, My Grandparents came from Napoli and immigrated to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. I guess that's why I have owned Aermacchi, Ducati and now Moto Guzzi.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If New York Italian counts, My Grandparents came from Napoli and immigrated to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. I guess that's why I have owned Aermacchi, Ducati and now Moto Guzzi.
I think it counts ,.,.,.,.,.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep you got one down under. Mum's siciliana and dad's pugliese (bari). Wife's siciliana/calabrese. Wife and i born in australia but speak,read and write italian and have dual citizenship. :D:D:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am also an Italian. My grandfather was straight italian but I am not sure what part of italy the family came from. He passed away when I was young and my parents dont know to much history. I would love to know more.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
100% Italian, from NY, here!! Grandparents were early immigrants, and I've got Napoli from Mom's side and Calabrese from Dad's side. :bigthumbsup: (Maiden name was Morabito)

G

·
Grandparents on father's side emigrated from Florence and Pisa. Family name Patriacco, shortened to Patrick. Everyone thinks I'm f'n Irish.

My mom's a mutt. So I'm half Italian/half mutt.

Dated a full Sicilian girl in Wisconsin, all of 5' tall, her dad was a tailor. Mama could could cook, baby!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grandparents on father's side emigrated from Florence and Pisa. Family name Patriacco, shortened to Patrick. Everyone thinks I'm f'n Irish.

My mom's a mutt. So I'm half Italian/half mutt.

Dated a full Sicilian girl in Wisconsin, all of 5' tall, her dad was a tailor. Mama could could cook, baby!
I thought you were Irish just be looking at ya but its nice to see that your actually Italian and i guess half mutt LOL LOL

G

·
I thought you were Irish just be looking at ya but its nice to see that your actually Italian and i guess half mutt LOL LOL
Yeah, from what I hear, the jackasses at Ellis Island shortened gramps name because they couldn't spell it. Sucks, I would have liked it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Italian born and raised. I was a teenager when I came to the USA.
Not sure that I would say that Sicilians and Italians are different. That just propagates an old stereotype which may turn some people off.
It's like saying that NY'ers are different than Texans.
Are they different? Yes. But they are more alike than different.

G

·
Italian born and raised. I was a teenager when I came to the USA.
Not sure that I would say that Sicilians and Italians are different. That just propagates an old stereotype which may turn some people off.
It's like saying that NY'ers are different than Texans.
Are they different? Yes. But they are more alike than different.
It's like North vs. South here. Anything South of Napoli, my Aunt had some choice words. I haven't been, so I can't comment. She was always Napolidan this and that. I don't know if it's as peaceful as USA.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Grandparents on father's side from Assisi, grandparents on mother's side from Dublin, Ireland.

Got an aunt and uncle that still live in Roma. Went over in '07 with my wife and had a great time with them showing us around. Going back next year for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I guess i'm a canadian -italian I was born in northern ontario canada and both parents come from northern italy treviso

1 - 15 of 15 Posts