M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just posting this up and seeing if any of you boys want to go for a "short" little ride this coming Saturday. We will leave out from Walmart off of IH-20 and South Cooper at 8:30 AM and go ride through the country side. Don't worry about not fitting in. Usually there are one or two Warriors there, my Wife on her SV650, a V-Star 1100, CBRf1000, and sometimes an 81' KZ1000. So it is a pretty diverse group. Any way, here is the approximate route, but I think we may go astray when we get closer to Glen Rose because a buddy gave me some hints about some really good roads near there.

One thing I must ask of you though. If you choose to ride with us, you will need to wear a helmet. I just don't want to have to spend my Saturday cleaning up the mess your head left behind if you go down. :D I know, it is a bad subject, but it needs to be said.

Also, the pace of these rides can be fairly quick at some times but never feel like to have to keep up or we will leave you (we won't). And DON'T try to ride over your head. We have had 3 riders go down with in the past 5 or 6 rides that we have done, and every single one of them was riding over their head. Ride your pace and enjoy the ride.

One last thing before I forget..... prepare to get smoked by a Warrior!!!! HA HA, just kidding. Actually, I would really like to meet some of you local guys. Ride safe.

Bill

·
Registered
178 Posts
Man, I'd be game, but I doubt my scoot will be back on the road by then. I got a monster nail through the sidewall of my tire the other day. Yesterday the stealer took it out and said, "You should probably be okay." Probably, what the f*** does that mean???

I got the ext. warranty on my tires and wheels, but they probably aren't gonna honor it this time, because in the fine print it says does not cover damage to sidewalls. So since I was lucky, or unlucky enough, to get it on the side I am gonna need a new tire. I've already ordered new Metz 260 from direct line, but I don't know when it'll get here and there's no way I am risking my life by going on a long ride with the tire that's on there.

I'll let you know if I can make it, if not, I'll catch you next time. Cheers! And be safe!!

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, if you've got the warranty and they said that the nail in the sidewall isn't covered than just go back to the dealer and when you're a block away stick a screw in the tread and finish riding it in to them. That is what my dealer told me to do if I ever bought the tire warranty from them. It's worth a try, those 240-260's don't come cheap these days.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why didn't I think of doing that????

Here's a summary of what happened.. http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3564.0

I think that might just be the ticket to getting reimbursed for that 260 I just ordered. I was also gonna order the Metz 130 for the front and just change them both, that way they'd match, but the link on direct line is messed up and won't add the tire to the shopping cart. I 'spose I'll have to call them tomorrow and get it done.Â

Still, it'll be at least several days until I get the new rear in the mail, so no riding for me until them. At least not more than a couple miles or so up the street and back.Â

According to the stealer, the same Metz 260 I ordered for $218 w/ free shipping from Direct Line would be $380 from them. They're not called "stealers" for nothing.Â

It's not something I'd normally think of or even considering doing, but if they're gonna screw me. I plan on calling the tire warranty people first, because it's though a different company, not Suzuki or the stealer. I plan on telling them what happened and offer to send a picture. Then if they say it'll probably be okay, I'll respond with okay when it's not okay and I dump the bike because of a weak tire wall, who do I make the lawsuit out to?? Perhaps that will get their attention.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. Thanks man, I would never have thought of that.  :bigthumbsup: :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody that says a nail in the sidewall of ANY tire, much less a motorcycle, is alright, should be slapped silly! And I'm with you, I wouldn't want to ride it more than a few miles and very slowly at that. I hope you get your new tire soon. Having a bike just sit in the garage really sucks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
Anybody that says a nail in the sidewall of ANY tire, much less a motorcycle, is alright, should be slapped silly! And I'm with you, I wouldn't want to ride it more than a few miles and very slowly at that. I hope you get your new tire soon. Having a bike just sit in the garage really sucks.
Yeah, that's kinda what my gut told. I didn't think it could be very safe. But then again, I am NOT very mechnically inclined at all when it comes to bikes/cars/lawnmowers/etc :joke:

Thanks for the well wishing, you are right it does suck to just look at it. Hopefully in a weeks time I'll be up and running with some new toys installed as well. Cheers mate!!

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Getting the thread back on track... ;)

Count me in at this point. I live in the Irving area and am always looking for a chance to explore. How long of a ride are you planning?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scrogg, I added the map to my first post. Usually it is around 250-280 miles, give or take a little. And some of these roads may change between now and Saturday.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm gonna have to cancel on Sat. :verymad: My fathers health is taking a turn for the worse and I will be out of town for the weekend. Let me know when you guys go again though, I would love to find some good roads around here.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I won't be available for this weekend either. I've talked to the folks who actually run the tire warranty and the woman I spoke to seemed real positive about getting it taken care of on their tab. However, the only place that actually had a Metz 260 instock was direct line. It was shipped yesterday and probably won't be here until Monday or so.

Keep us posted for the next one and be safe on out there, I don't want to hear about anyone taking a dive.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problem guys. I'll let you know when the next one will be. It will most likely be in 2-3 weeks though since I'll be flying out to DC for work next week. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts