M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbee here, I was just checking to see if anyone has heard of changes that maybe made on the M for '07? I haven't purchased my 109, YET......I'm trying to sell my '03 1500LC, with no luck......I'm in sooooo deep on it, I just can't trade it in, to the tune of about 15k, but I'm trying

·
Registered
411 Posts

Did you eat a clown for lunch or what?. Most dealers can´t even get their hands on an 06 Model, everyone is waiting for accessories anyways and then you go and ask a question about an 07 Model

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
woodro said:
Newbee here, I was just checking to see if anyone has heard of changes that maybe made on the M for '07? I haven't purchased my 109, YET......I'm trying to sell my '03 1500LC, with no luck......I'm in sooooo deep on it, I just can't trade it in, to the tune of about 15k, but I'm trying
First off :welcome:
There has been rumors of new models for the 109 but nobody knows for sure what those will be. Should know something by September.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's what I call proactive.... :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
whatever models they make, they need to offer a red one as a color choice!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey phaed, I second that.  I really hope they will make it in red.  Every vehicle I've ever owned has been red. And since I won't be able to afford an M109 until next year, maybe they will have it in red.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If they do make one in red, better hope it's not the red they are using on the other Bullys. It's kind of an orangey-red and not that cool IMHO.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I really think that they should keep the bike basically the same for a few years but add color and body style options. If they can keep a following the aftermarket will be huge and 109 owners benefit.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Mad Dog said:

Did you eat a clown for lunch or what?. Most dealers can´t even get their hands on an 06 Model, everyone is waiting for accessories anyways and then you go and ask a question about an 07 Model
LMAO!! That's some good stuff! I was laughing out loud when I read this!! Still kinda laughing just thinking about it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Maybe they should make Vtxoak an offer for being in charge of paint for 07. Then the bikes would look real sweet.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
A lil early to be talking about 2007 models...I know your just asking ,but I doubt Suzuki has even made a profit yet on 06 model.

Dealers have only gotten a few in so far...our dealer has seen less than 10 so far...and they pump bikes out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, I've given It about a day to get response..........I was just checking to see if anyone thought they(Suzuki) may change any of the complaints owners have had so for.........It looks like it may be the fall before I will make a purchase, so I didn't know If I should wait for a '07 ( with upgrades or changes) or buy a '06......I have noticed that alot of areas have seemed to have trouble getting bikes.......here in N.Tx. they are on the show room floor at all the dealers in my region....(75 mile radius).... they don't act like they want to come off MSRP, but they have them on the floor in all colors..........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Manufacturers would never (or rarely) make style or performance changes on the second model year. I'm talking street bikes and not offroad where they make major engine changes every year. No worries on major changes. What you'll see, my guess, would be new colors and then tweaks to fix any issues that come up. Most first year production vehicles get some minor tweaks. Things that didn't come up on pre-production bikes and testing. Only the good old public and miles and time can come up with some of the off the wall things that you see popping up now and then. By the second model year I'll be ready to buy. Waiting for several reasons. Financial, moving across the country this summer and don't want yet another bike to move, waiting for a color that really does it for me, and any second year tweaks they decide to do. Barring a color that really grabs me, I might have to go custom paint...but nice paint is not cheap and I don't want a cheapo crappy job, so I'm hoping for some additional color choices next year. I love the black/flake, but it seems to be the most common and I tend not to go that route on bike or other vehicle colors.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I expect minor changes in this model as everyone has said....
BUT
I expect they will also offer a new 109 model. Ours is "M" 109R many of the prevous models had either M or C right?
Perhaps we could see a full up touring model :eek: :eek: with different pipes, bags, windshield and seat... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Who knows for sure. They may even shrink the size of the motor (keeping the goodies) for a smaller version to replace one of the 90 or 50 versions??
PLUS :yikes: :yikes: I am sure Honda will up the ante and add more power to their 1800.... So then Suzuki can just dial in another10-15HP to stay ahead of the game.
These types of wars are always good for us :D :D

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Lamonster said:
First off :welcome:
There has been rumors of new models for the 109 but nobody knows for sure what those will be. Should know something by September.
Yea be my luck they are going to follow lamonster idea and put a 280 tire on it.....heheheheheh

·
Registered
23 Posts
I seem to remember one of the magazines stating that Suzuki had mentioned they would be releasing 2 new bikes based on the 109 in '07. This was in a very early 109 press release. Don't know if that still is or ever was the plan, but it is what I read in print. If I come across the article again I will post where it came from.

Here's the quote:
"On the business side, Mel Harris, VP of Suzuki U.S. said at the recent Suzuki dealer show that the repackaged Boulevard line of cruisers are experiencing a 28% increase in sales over last year and that Suzuki would be adding another new cruiser in 2006 and two in 2007."

And here is where it came from:
http://www.metricthunder.com/mt/2005/11/new_suzuki_boul.html

Correction-There is no mention of what motor the new bikes will be running

1 - 20 of 20 Posts