M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need TWO people that are willing to install our new block off plates onto the engine on your M109R. It lets you remove the pollution control stuff from the engine and cleans up the looks.

Just need it done asap and the persons to post a report on here as to how it went and any changes in how the bike operates.

Here is what they look like:

And of course they are for off-road and racing use only.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The dealer put the Cobra's on my bike before I picked it up... So I don't know much about the setup of stock... When I got my Roadstar Silverado and pulled the intakes there was an AIS system on it... Is this similair to that Hal? I remember putting plates on the heads where the stainless tubes came out.

khrome

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would be in if you need anyone here in the midwest to test it plus we have no emissions here so no biggie.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i have a set, but not sure where to begin at what all to get rid of. lil help jr?

·
Registered
317 Posts
J R said:
Il have to take the bike back apart to take pic,s or take pic,s of the left over hoses.All I really removed was the hoses and put the plates on .Its been a long time ago I put them on and I thought they where top secret so I never took any pic,s. I will pull the bike down in a few days and take pic,s and tell how but basiclly its a real simple deal.Just pull the egr crap off and stick the plates on there.The wifes birthday is this weekend so it may be next week before i can throw pic,s up :bigthumbsup: I know JasonZ did the mod maybe he,s got pic,s ???????
do the plates get the JR Seal of Approval?

·
Registered
161 Posts
J R said:
Ill be honest when I did them I did a bunch of stuff at once so I dont know how much power or anything they give to be 100% honest.
If your Air Induction System is anything like our Warrior ones, then you won't gain a single HP out of it. All it does is inject fresh air into the exhaust ports to burn any excess fuel. It will help if your bike backfires a little on decel but that is about it. Oh yeah, and you get to pull off a bunch of junk that weighs your bike down, so that is a big plus!!!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
If your Air Induction System is anything like our Warrior ones, then you won't gain a single HP out of it. All it does is inject fresh air into the exhaust ports to burn any excess fuel. It will help if your bike backfires a little on decel but that is about it. Oh yeah, and you get to pull off a bunch of junk that weighs your bike down, so that is a big plus!!!
Your right, I've done this on a few bikes now and there is no hp gain, that's not why you do this mod. :doorag:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts