M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called V&H, Bassani and Cobra for exhaust for the 09. Only V&H said they are working on one for the fall. Same thing with the fuel pak. Does anyone know of any others? Thanks.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
Why is the '09 different from the '06 - '08? There are no functional differences of which I am aware.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exhaust for 09

All the manufactures said the fit is different and the 09 has the 02 sensors of the european bikes where the 06 to 08 do not. Now I dont know who to believe:dontknow:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of my 09 with the Cobra Swepts installed to prove they fit. It had no o2 sensors on it. I thought only California models came with o2 sensors. :dontknow:

G

·
I have an 09 LE, which we all know is a lot faster and more complicated machine than those lowly "standard" 9's......cobra swept, and FI2000R installed

:joke::clap2:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
try hard chrome i think they bought out roadburner and have there designs as well.

and good to know that the 09s dont have O2 sensors, i thought they did.

·
Registered
349 Posts
No difference where the exhausts are concerned I have an 09 and just put a v h bigshot system on which is listed 06 to 08 I would think that would be the same with all the pipes hope this helps

·
Registered
599 Posts
V&H pipes

I have an 09 red, and I put a set of V&H big shots on just this past Tuesday night. They went right on. Thanks to Matt (FuturR) I was even able to defeat the dreaded FI light. They fit good, look great, and sound awesome, (Baffles in for now) I even set off my first car alarm coming home from work through downtown South Bend at 1230 this morning!:D

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have an 09 red, and I put a set of V&H big shots on just this past Tuesday night. They went right on. Thanks to Matt (FuturR) I was even able to defeat the dreaded FI light. They fit good, look great, and sound awesome, (Baffles in for now) I even set off my first car alarm coming home from work through downtown South Bend at 1230 this morning!:D
:agree:awesome pipes, i ran mine round the block without the baffles, waaaayyyyy too loud, so i removed the packing, broke the welds that hold the mesh part of the baffle, so now got two short baffles, put them in and they sound perfect, nice deep (not too loud) note, and give a nice crackle when accelerating, try it you will like it :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Cobra has the Tri-Pro's coming out in a couple off weeks. I love the look and sound of them. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Isnt that a riot when the car alarms go off? My 3/4 gutted stockers do it all the time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts