1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man Threatens Bikers, Gets Hit With Car
By Associated Press

Fri Sep 22, 9:01 PM

PITTSBURG, Calif. - An alleged drunken motorist who brandished a pool cue while driving at a group of motorcyclists was hit by his own car after he stopped and attempted to approach the bikers on foot, the California Highway Patrol said.

Richard Brooks, 50, of Concord was pulled to safety by several of the motorcyclists after his car _ which he left in reverse _ knocked him into the highway Thursday morning.

"Instead of mocking him for going after them, they perhaps set their own safety aside to reach over and rescue him from a position of danger," CHP Officer Scott Yox said of the bikers. Yox added that authorities had no evidence the riders instigated the incident.

Brooks, who was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and driving under the influence, told authorities he was offended by skeletons some of the riders wore on their leather Harley-Davidson jackets and what he perceived as their attempts to appear tough.

"It was his impression that they thought they were better than him," Yox said. "They were irritating to him and he felt he needed to do something about it."

Brooks, who was treated at a hospital for cuts and scrapes, remained jailed Friday in lieu of $30,000 bail.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
he should be jailed. I stated in a different thread about an unknown person or persons in a Mercedes Benz who after taunting two motorcyclists by tailgating, swerving and speeding up in front of then slowing down finally ran over the two motorcyclists then drove off right here in the middle of Dallas. Witnesses said at the time they saw the whole thing unfolding the motorcyclists were minding their own business and obeying the law. makes you wonder what the heck is going through some peoples minds. :dontknow:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thankfully the motorcycle riders are better about looking out for people even when they act stupid.

Also, Trouble_is, I could not help but notice the temp on you banner at the bottom 39 degrees, here in Florida it is still light jacket in the morning.

Signed 90's in FL

·
Registered
476 Posts
Makes you wonder what some people use for brains.
As for the temp you have there, I would take that any day just to have those beautiful mountains. It is so hot and humid here I feel like a geco.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i think some people suffer "little man" syndrome.  they see people on motorcycles and think "  that should be me;  i'm tough too ".  they just have to prove it to themselves at that point.   and i live in gulfport , ms. now.  but grew up in Westminster, co.  i do miss those mountains.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Some men are just too insecure to be ok around a guy riding a beauty with big jugs and a phat azz.... OH, and they can really get jealous of our bikes too! :joke:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
the cyclists made an error in rescuing him. natural selection was taking place, and they screwed it up.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
phaed said:
the cyclists made an error in rescuing him. natural selection was taking place, and they screwed it up.
the guy was 50.. he's already passed on whatever bad genes he's got and so natural selection doesn't apply 8)

Irony.. now THAT applies in SPADES! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts