M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the mechanics (Elliot) who used to work on my Nine gave me a call yesterday and informed me Matison's Motorsports on Capital Boulevard in Raleigh abruptly closed over the Christmas holidays. He stated he was given only a three day notice. He was thoughtful enough to grab my clutch plates before he left and provide the courtesy call. He got a job at Team Motorsports in Garner. He also said he'll be much happier there and to let you guys know Team Motorsports it a great place to get your gear and repairs. Elliot has always been straight with me, did excellent work, and he didn't have to call me, but he did, which I am grateful. My extended service warranty expires next month and he told me the closest MC shop that would honor it is in Smithfield. Durham Suzuki closed this time last year and now Matison's, it appears motorcycle retail is not fairing well.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
That's sad but reality,,,,,,,,,,,,, I keep up on this job creation, job layoffs and outright business closures. I like staying informed to what REALLY is going on not what the MSM wants us to think.

http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Here in Alamance county,right next door to you Krusher, have lost all our dealers with the exception of Harley and Honda in the last two years. When we lost the Zuk dealer I went and transfered my business to the one in Greensboro and then A&T bought out his property and he retired...next closest to me now is Roxboro...guess as long as I keep the bike I'll continue to do my own maintenance and repairs...next up ...fork seals.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Krusher,
Roxboro would be your next best bet. I have been talking to them since the early 80's, or even late 70's. Very nice guys that always made me feel welcome. Evey though I have never bought a bike from them (only accessaries).
There is also Barnetts off Lake Wheeler Rd., across from the farmers market. They actually have 2 new 2011 nines, and one new Busa.
As for me, I will be taking mine to Jeb. He used to work for Kawasaki Suzuki of Durham before they closed.
Talked to him wednesday, and he has enlarged his shop.
Great guy.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Wow, I'm shocked about the abrupt closing but I guess I shouldnt be. With the new buildings and etc. they obviously had huge overhead costs. Still sorry to hear about the closing though. I tried to go to their website 2 weeks ago and couldnt find it, now I know why.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Madison's service dept. always seemed busy, but they never had anyone but "lookers" like me in their showroom. I never liked the way they didn't have prices on any of their bikes. Regardless of the outragious price, they need to post something.
I guess Barnett's will outlast them all since they have been around for a while. Not to mention they must have a very low overhead with their smaller shop and showroom.
They did get in 2 new nines if anyone local wants to check them out.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That HD dealership is about 10 mins away from me. Tina lives about 20 mins away from me in Ellicott City. For every car she has, she has 2 of them. All sitting in her drive way and her garage. Theres 2 vipers, 2 lambos 2 vettes 2 cadi's and I cant remember what else is there and what her garage is full off. She ant hurting at all, trust me. Shes not selling HD in Elkridge because nobody is buying

1 - 9 of 9 Posts