M109 Rider Forums banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
TJsM109R said:
Hey M109'ers,
Big Sorry guy's can't make this one :( family duties. Hope u all have a great day ,take pic's for those who can't make it ok.
Chris (sunnycoaster109) or anyone else from the sunnycoast can I ask a favor. I have an alarm for Angus (Angus_grant) and he has some dollars for me, could u help and be a courier for the day lol. I can meet you Thur or Fri anywhere on the coast to get u the alarm or if anyones in Caloundra feel welcome to drop in (address and ph no's on my web site)
www.motocyclealarms.com.au
And if anyone else was interested in an alarm I now have fitting kits available to suit the M109R.
Cheers everyone and have have a top day
Ride Safe
TJ
Got the ones with the LCD remotes yet?

Discussion starter · #42 ·
TJ, are you able to supply the fitting kit with the alarm you send down?

I was thinking about offering to come up to your place and fit the alarm myself following your instruction sheet with you watching. That way, we could develop full fitting instructions for the 109 that almost anybody could follow.

What's the LCD remote thingy about? Sounds blingy.. :D

G'Day all,
no sorry Jason the LCD remote alarms are still on order ,supplier tells me it should be not too much longer for avail/delivery.

Still have the current models available and have asked supplier if the LCD remote can be added to my current models later ,will keep u posted.

Yes Angus I can supply the fitting kit with your alarm for this w/end if someone can get it to u or u are welcome to come up to Caloundra also,no problem with fitting and I have made hand notes just have to put it into pc and print.

Hey Pazza did u get yours done ok? and if Mark is going this Sat he has one also (he has the latest install mod and it really turned out great)

Wish I could be goin on Sat :( , its lookin great for the weather too. You guys better have some good stories to tell when you get back lol :bigthumbsup:

Ride Safe
TJ

Discussion starter · #44 ·
I'm not sure we can top all the 109's and others being pulled over for RBT and filling their parking lane.

Or 9's rolling through Hastings Street Noosa.

:D :D

Hi TJ,
got all the alarm thing figured out. Used 3 relays in all. Wired one of the coils
to earth using the neutral switch so it won't start in gear. Used my own design
electronic voltage regulator as opposed to the resistor to over come the anti theft
system and produce the required voltage out of the switch. In hindsite, the resisters
would most likely be easier, but I had already built the regulator before I rang...

Parked at bunnings on the way home tonight and as usual a couple of "would be if
I could be's" checking out the bike. Done a remote start from afar and they totally Sh*t.

Will try this more often now, it is a kak.

Have increased the length of the aerial and it seems to increase the range.
Cheers
Pazza :beer3: :beer3:

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

Pazza well done ,glad it worked out . I did an alarm install for Bluey yesterday and it was all good.

Your goin to scare a few blocks on Sat's ride with that remote start lol :bigthumbsup: Try also pushin the "off" button once while in the 'off' mode, it will make it chirp and flash indicators twice ........that should draw them closer ........then when they r standing right next to the bike ...................let them have it lol :a18:
that will make 'em jump :yikes: :yikes:

Have a great trip Sat all
Cheers TJ

Ride Safe

Discussion starter · #50 ·
I was thinking about wiring in the alarm to the kick-stand switch to prevent in-gear starting, but I will get the fitting kit first and have a look see.

We may have a few phone calls during fitting TJ... :D

TJ: you should also sell an optional LED kit to fit to the front of the bike, a la Knight Rider. "Yes Michael, I am on my way" :D :D

I was also thinking about looking at the CPU part and see if there is some way to alter the voice. But that is a bit outside my experience so will take a while.

See everyone on Saturday. My bike needs a clean... :D

And hopefully have finished off my "cheap bastard" luggage rack tonight as well.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php/topic,16304.0.html

Discussion starter · #51 ·
angus_grant said:
I was thinking about wiring in the alarm to the kick-stand switch to prevent in-gear starting, but I will get the fitting kit first and have a look see.
Actually now that I think about that, it is quite silly. You want it to start on the kick-stand, but not in gear. :redfaced:, he he...

Lucky no-one is reading this topic..

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Hi everyone

Well it's been a good week i didn't have to have my Chemo so i am feeling great for the ride tomorrow, the weather is looking great and i just finished polishing the big black beast, I am so looking forward to the ride. Will see the first off you Guy's at the BP at Logan /M1 at 8.30 am.

Cheers Phil

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Hi Bluey and TJ

Sorry you cant make it i will take lots of photo for you guy's, so that will either make you feel better or worse.

Cheers

Bonzo666 said:
Unless we all get stoned in Nimbin..... :eek:
Why wait till nimbin :D

Oz VZR 07 said:
COME ON DOWN BRISSY RIDERS :eek: LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT RIDE See You At Movie World Exit... Caltex Servo 9 AM: Sat 7th :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :evil: :evil: :bigthumbsup: Scott :evil: :bigthumbsup:

Yeh looking forward to this too :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:,I have NEVER ridin a Motorbike in cokroach country before :D

Discussion starter · #55 ·
I've ridden down to Guyra a few times. I grew up on a sheep farm there and still have family there as well. Even rode down in winter once. Now that was COLD!!!!!!!!!!

Had to try and richen my bike up because it was damn cold and the altitude was a bit different to Brisbane. Ended up riding with the choke out for quite a while which helped slightly.

Guyra: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...425,152.451782&spn=3.402183,5.141602&z=8&om=1

Phil43 said:
Hi everyone

Well it's been a good week i didn't have to have my Chemo so i am feeling great for the ride tomorrow, the weather is looking great and i just finished polishing the big black beast, I am so looking forward to the ride. Will see the first off you Guy's at the BP at Logan /M1 at 8.30 am.

Cheers Phil
:bigthumbsup: Good stuff Phil, I bet that stuff would knock you around a bit
Ozzy

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Off to wash and polish the bike. Finished the "cheap bastard" luggage rack just before. Need a file just to finish off the bolts to make me completely happy.

See everybody tomorrow. :D :D :D :D

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.