M109 Rider Forums banner

Another ride for Bris / sunny coast / Gold coast

10K views 68 replies 14 participants last post by  Aussie Ray 
G
#1 ·
Hi Guys

The last ride was really great but when are we all meeting up again for another ride? Any suggestions on where to go. :dontknow:

#2 ·
For those interested in a good poker run have a look at the southern cross site and view the 2007 run which starts at lowood then to Goondawinda then to Chinchilla up to Moura then Moranbah to mackay and up to Bowen for the end.Always good fun.starts September 3rd and finishes on the 7 th.

#4 ·
Hey TJ (SunnyCoast)here,

I FEEL THE NEED.....THE NEED FOR SPEED :bad2thebone:

Good to go for this Sat if anyone interested.....just need to pick the road test lol ....hell it's all good :bigthumbsup: maybe a bit of everything (little highway,country roads etc) like the last run,mix it up abit.
Did a run with a mate to Gympie two Sunday's ago to check out Moose's resturant "CJ's" but missed him,left him a note on the wall lol "where's the M109R parkin?"

Gold Coast ? (M109's in numbers on the express way would look pretty darn good!!)

or North Coast ? ( Long country roads....flats and twists.....pub for lunch!!)

Rainbow Beach has a great Surf club, over lookin the ocean,not bad food and was well priced last time I was there.
Could take the back way up to Gympie (stayin off the Bruce HWay ) then to Rainbow if we liked and work our way south after lunch,through KinKin / Pomona / down to Noosa / ending in Maroochydore or Caloundra (they have good beach stops/cafes etc)
If Rainbow too far ,there's a good pub (Appolonian) for food at Boreen Point (just north of Noosa/Tewantin - I think owner is a member of local Ulysses)

Just some ideas for the north coast option.

Lets get some feedback/numbers and more ideas ok.

Ride Safe TJ :bigthumbsup:

G
#5 ·
Hmm, may have to miss my first 109 group ride. The company I work for is holding a golf day and providing accommodation for us down the Gold Coast this Friday. So we all go down, bash golf balls around and chase drink carts, go to a Chinese restaurant and have a few beverages, all paid for. So I don't think I'll be in a condition to get up the coast and go for a ride. :D

:beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:

Have fun with out me... :'(

#6 ·
OZ VZR 07 here. Yeh how about a ride to Byron Bay :beer3: 8) Highway Cruzing 8) then to Lismore via Bangalow then through Nimbin to Tyalgum Pub :beer3: and back over the border at Natural Bridge then back to M1 at Coomera. There are quite a few country pubs :beer3: along the way to stop at if needed :bigthumbsup: :evil: Scott.

G
#8 ·
Hi Guys,

It would be great to get at least 10 bikes or more for a decent few hour ride. Come on guys there must be dozens of 109's out there by now.

I can ride any weekend but should we just set a date to allow everyone to organise themselves. :dontknow:

Phil

#11 ·
It might be good to allow everyone a chance to get things organised for a ride down South :bigthumbsup: Im also quite busy this weekend but the 3rd or 4th July could be worked into the schedule :a18: This date could work for others by what you have been saying . :bigthumbsup: Riding in a good sized group of 9s would certainly be great :beer2: and fun to wake up some of those sleepy towns . :beer3: Let us know. :bigthumbsup: :evil: Scott. :evil:

#17 ·
Oz VZR 07 said:
OZ VZR 07 here. Yeh how about a ride to Byron Bay :beer3: 8) Highway Cruzing 8) then to Lismore via Bangalow then through Nimbin to Tyalgum Pub :beer3: and back over the border at Natural Bridge then back to M1 at Coomera. There are quite a few country pubs :beer3: along the way to stop at if needed :bigthumbsup: :evil: Scott.
hey guys im good to go for the 7th, i live in brunswick heads, 10 mins from byron bay.

so if you guys are thinking of going lismore via bangalow , nimbin then natural bridge way , mabe i could meet up at Caltex brunswick heads .

keep me posted what you guys are doing . cheers scott

G
#18 ·
Hi Guys

The 7th sounds good for a ride down to Byron etc (hope i can fit my surf board on the bike) Should be a great ride. I am having Chemo during that week so i hope i don't feel to s :edit:t and have to pull out.

Tomorrow the 30th i am meeting a mate on another 109 at Buderim and are going for a ride up around the mountains so if anyone would like to join us we will probably meeting around 9am. Maybe we can meet at Repco at Maroochy just to rub it in to Bluey. I know TJ lives up that way so if any wants to come along give me a call on 0430 271 673. :bigthumbsup:

#19 ·
Hi there Phil :super: Hope you take all your meds and can come for a ride :bigthumbsup:

Boulevard....What are the roads like down your way? I haven't been down for a while,any roadworks you know of and do you know any places for :cop: photos :dontknow: :cop: etc.

Brissy Guys :D ,This ride is about 400km round trip from Springwood. :p Thought that we could try and get to the Byron Bay Beach Pub about 11am or there abouts for an early lunch :beer3: then head out after mid day for Lismore ,Tyalgum ,and back over the Border to home. :p

I was thinking of doing the ride on Saturday 7th to avoid those Sunday Drivers. How does that suite everyone? :bigthumbsup:
:evil: Scott :evil: :bigthumbsup:

#20 ·
Oz VZR 07 said:
Hi there Phil :super: Hope you take all your meds and can come for a ride :bigthumbsup:

Boulevard....What are the roads like down your way? I haven't been down for a while,any roadworks you know of and do you know any places for :cop: photos :dontknow: :cop: etc.

Brissy Guys :D ,This ride is about 400km round trip from Springwood. :p Thought that we could try and get to the Byron Bay Beach Pub about 11am or there abouts for an early lunch :beer3: then head out after mid day for Lismore ,Tyalgum ,and back over the Border to home. :p

I was thinking of doing the ride on Saturday 7th to avoid those Sunday Drivers. How does that suite everyone? :bigthumbsup:
:evil: Scott :evil: :bigthumbsup:
suits me!! there is a bit of road works before brunswick heads about 4 k's of it....but no dirt :bigthumbsup:just 40 and 60 zone. :cop:
after brunswick heads it is all good .

byron bay lighthouse would be a good spot for photos .
or Nimbin outside the hemp shop lol.

should be good fun. cheers scott

#22 ·
This is sounding like a go for the up coming weekend :bigthumbsup:. I don't really have a preference for either day :dontknow:. I just want to ride. What is the general feeling of all of the possibles; Saturday or Sunday? This really sounds like a great ride :D and I am looking forward to meeting all of you, as I missed the last big ride day through work (bummer).

My wife rode with me on the '9' for the first time today and we had a great run up through Fernvale and on through Mt Glorioous and down into Samford and then back home through the city. It was a really nice run. She loved it!!!! I caught a glimse of another '9' when we were having some lunch at Fernvale. Any one up that way today? The guy I saw had a real nice jacket on, that's all I noticed apart from the chrome and that distinctive rumble.

I love this bike so much. It just carved the run up Mt Glorious with that low down grunt. Just right for 2 up riding.

Cheers
FMF

#23 ·
ROLE CALL FOR 7th To BYRON BAY ...
1 :bigthumbsup: Oz VZR 07 Ready to ride . Ill see you @ Caltex Movie World exit 9 am :evil: :bigthumbsup:
2 ;) PHIL 43..No time for surfing.. :p
3 :D BONZO 666...This wont bore you.. ;)
4 :D TJs109 ....come on down.. ;)
5 :D ANGUS GRANT...No work this weekend.. :p
6 :D OZZY 109..No rain this week... ::)
7 :p FATMAN FAN Lets do it... :evil:
8 8) GRIMMO...No visitors now... :p
9 :p BOULEVARD...See You @ Caltex.. :bigthumbsup:
10 :super: PAZZA....You make it 10 :bigthumbsup:
Any others out there welcome :p :bigthumbsup:

G
#24 ·
alright guys, I'm in for this one. I just can't resist...

I will peel off on the way back and call in and see my parents in Beaudesert though. I have been told about a nice run from Murwillumbah up through Springbrook, Canungra, and then on to Beaudesert. I did half of this last Friday on the way down to a golf and dinner my work put on at the Gold Coast. And that gave me a nice little taster. :D

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=....27919&sspn=0.422605,0.6427&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

#26 ·
Oz VZR 07 said:
ROLE CALL FOR 7th To BYRON BAY ...
1 :bigthumbsup: Oz VZR 07 Ready to ride . Ill see you @ Caltex Movie World exit 9 am :evil: :bigthumbsup:
2 ;) PHIL 43..No time for surfing.. :p
3 :D BONZO 666...This wont bore you.. ;)
4 :D TJs109 ....come on down.. ;)
5 :D ANGUS GRANT...No work this weekend.. :p
6 :D OZZY 109..No rain this week... ::)
7 :p FATMAN FAN Lets do it... :evil:
8 8) GRIMMO...No visitors now... :p
9 :p BOULEVARD...See You @ Caltex.. :bigthumbsup:
10 :super: PAZZA....You make it 10 :bigthumbsup:
Any others out there welcome :p :bigthumbsup:
Is that the Caltex servo near Mc Donalds on the left as your coming down the coast?

cause if it is i am going to ride up there to get a decent ride in ,should only take me 50 mins from brunswick heads

see you guys there :bigthumbsup:

cheers scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.