M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
xxx
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm mostly buying it for riding comfort but, let's face it, she will be lowered from time to time. My question is which kickstand would be better on the bike once the air ride is installed. I have the full lenght Cycle House stand on now:
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=8484&str=290

I'm guessing this will stand the bike up straighter than I want when she's lowered. But, will the short stand lean the bike over too far when it's raised? Untill Arnott comes out with an Air Kickstand it will be a compromise. I just want to have the stand that gives me the most options.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
With the full length stand, the air out and the bars turned to the right, the bike will fall to the right.

So, even though a short stand will have it leaning farther when aired up, it does solve that little issue.

I still have my stock stand and always park it slammed, so I can be sure my bars are far enough left to prevent falling over.

·
xxx
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the full length stand, the air up and the bars turned to the right, the bike will fall to the right.

So, even though a short stand will have it leaning farther when aired up, it does solve that little issue.

I still have my stock stand and always park it slammed, so I can be sure my bars are far enough left to prevent falling over.
Thanks. I always park with the bars turned to the left so it doesn't sound like I'll have an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts