M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did somebody ever apply a plastic clear as the one on car's hood in order to protect from passenger's foot??

Is there a tendance to peel off???

·
Registered
453 Posts
The one place I have done it was on my 01' ZX12R right behind the front wheel, the tank and the rear cowling. I've even scuffed it myself ripping my leg over it. Works like a charm. As long as it's applied well by the professionals it won't ever peel off on it's own.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i have a venture shield on the lower half of my tank to protect it from my jacket scuffing it up. it is very difficult to tell that it is there. installed by a certified dealer and it has done great in the first year i have had it. still looks great as the first day it was put on. no one ever notices it until i tell them it is there. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
It won't stand up to heat. I have the 3M paint protectant on the sides of my tank where my jeans rub the finish.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hey WindyCity, can you give me a ballpark on what that venture shield set you back? I'm scuffing the crap out of my tank and my bike is black so it really shows!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The question is for the small plastic cover just beside the foot pegs. Is it possible to apply a 3M cleat protection that won't peel off??

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Hey WindyCity, can you give me a ballpark on what that venture shield set you back? I'm scuffing the crap out of my tank and my bike is black so it really shows!
do a search on their website. www.ventureshield.com

you can find some dealers near you and they can quote you a price.

that is what i did. i called around to 5-6 certified installers off their website. they sell a whole kit for the bike, but i only wanted one for the lower portion of the gas tank. they custom cut one for me and installed it for me while i waited. my cost was $45. i have had it for a year and it looks great. people cannot tell it is there. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
The question is for the small plastic cover just beside the foot pegs. Is it possible to apply a 3M cleat protection that won't peel off??
check the venture shield website i provided. they have certified dealers and installers in canada. they make a whole kit for the bike, but i am sure that they would sell you or custom cut a piece for the areas you want. when installed properly, it won't peel off unless you want to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts