M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some members are getting creative with their own 2-1 designed pipes. I don't really want to hack anymore than debaffling which I already did on my pipe. I forgot about one pipe builder, Dale Walker of Holeshot performance. This guy holds some pretty fast records on drag bikes and has one for the Yamaha Warrior that I think would look good on the M109R. If you want to check it out go to www.holeshot.com and scroll down on the left to Yamaha and then Warrior and once there click on "header". It says new out beside it and he does mention he builds them in limited quantities and a wait time. I popped him an e-mail to see if he might do one for the M109R so we may have to find a member out around the Santa Cruz CA area for a donor bike. He helped me build a fast 87' Kawasaki ZL 1000 Eliminator back when I bought it with his parts. He used to run a drag race school that used ZL 900 Eliminators for the drag bikes since they launched so good. I remeber the ZL 1000 had a record 0-50mph time. just a thought.

G

·
That is a very nice header. I like the way it looks, partially because its black. I wonder how it performs? Let's see how he responds to your e-mail.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Right on, definitely keep us posted on the outcome. I really like the look of that one. Of course, sound and performance are also a big consideration for me as well.

Thanks for the info!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
COOL! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Dale e-mailed back and said he has no plans to do a pipe for the 109, :( damn I was hoping. He is a good guy to deal with and gets the power with his pipes. Oh well, he did say not many orders even for the Warrior 2-1 because so many have to have 2-2's but it out performs any 2-2 combo he tried. I'll keep looking or waiting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts