M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Animal said:
:bigthumbsup: WOW, Bling Bling, That's sweet. 8) Is that a wider rim with a 280 or 300 on it?
That is a 300 tire.

And yes its on the wrong size rim and yes I know it but we aren't selling that combination. Its for my own personal enjoyment only.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Looking at the sidewalls in those pictures I'll bet that the tire is a Metz 300/35-R18 on the 10 inch wide Replicator Wheel. Unquestionably Hal bikes mods will include a modified swing arm! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
+ 1 SWWEEETTTT :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

That has to be tight to the drive shaft , did you or are you going to have to modify the rear to install it ? different swing arm for clearance ?

Those rims are SWEEETTT I like them better with the solid spokes,are ya'll having them made or can they be bought off the shelf ?

I plan to stay with the 8.5 and go with the Metz 260 but would like a set of those rims :D

I was pondering,sending off these stock rims verses buying a set of those, and having less down time :bigthumbsup:

Please post picture after you get it all together ,Hal is going to be King of BLING :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
J R said:
Who cares, Looks good Hal im sure your gonna enjoy it and its gonna look sweet. I cant wait to see a good 300 burnout :evil:
JR,

Just covering my butt. I don't want anyone to think that just because I am going with an unapproved size on my own bike that our company is endorsing that situation.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
JR,

Just covering my butt. I don't want anyone to think that just because I am going with an unapproved size on my own bike that our company is endorsing that situation.
You are still with the recommend rim size. :bigthumbsup:

Tire size ** Rim Size **Min-Max Rim size permitted
240/40x18 8.5 inches 8 to 9 inches
260/40x18 9.5 inches 8.5 to 9.5 inches
280/35x18 10 inches 9.5 to 10.5 inches
300/35x18 10.5 inches 10.0 to 10.5 inches

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey Hal, does this mean the replicator rims are finished and being shipped?

·
Registered
288 Posts
That looks great. Definetly gonna make your *** look fat. Question about performance. When does size of the tire actually affect performance? I don't know how much of a weight difference there is, but it is absolutely much larger then stock. Is there a point where you loose the benefit of a larger tire because it robs you of something else? Just currious.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Its not installed yet. Still working on it.
Hal, I was waiting on a 300 solution. Please let us know what else in involved with getting it to fit. Is the swingarm going to have to be notched/dimpled? Is the driveshaft going to be in the way? I'd try to come up with the cash to do this if I can go to a 300, and hey, Lamont says it'll fit so you don;t have to worry about the liability aspects. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Medic1210 said:
Hey Hal, does this mean the replicator rims are finished and being shipped?
A few have have shipped. Ran out of wheel bearings and they are on backorder with Suzuki.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Cool. Maybe someday I'll be able to grab one. That chrome sure looks sweet.

·
Registered
629 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
That is a 300 tire.

And yes its on the wrong size rim and yes I know it but we aren't selling that combination. Its for my own personal enjoyment only.
Had no intention to go their. Not looking for someone to take responsibility for MY actions, like some others. ::) Was just curious cause it looks Sooo Cooool. :doorag:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.