M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it happened to me too!

But I am just very happy that it didn't do much harm then a bit of road rash on my elbow and some bumps on my muscle! BIG ONE!

Well I was going down the road with McPliot and we were going pretty good till a car in front slowed down a bit faster than I thought just before the turn, so trying to slow down I hit some dirt that was on the side of the road, as I was leaning into the turn, so I straighten out and applied a bit of front brake and I knew it was going to the side so I let go of the brake so that maybe the side dirt will slow me down, but I guess I hit some bumps and the bike jerked and I really didn't wanna go to the side of the mountain or back onto the traffic so I LAY IT DOWN!!!!!!!!

And you see bruised tank and it seems to have flipped on it's back since the back was all scratched up.

The dent on the tank is not so bad, as I drove it all the way back, 40 miles, even though the handle bar was crooked and all. But the rest I guess I have to paint and see what happens!

I was trying to look for the brake lens, is that a whole assembly that I got to get now???

I am hoping I don't have to buy a new tanks since it's 600 bucks! and I can just repaint it and call it a new paint job!

Well I am glad it's just scrapes, and I am fine!

Watch out for those damn good brakes upfront! I guess a bit slower would have saved my ass better, but I did lay down only I think doing 30-40 ! I don't know really McPilot had a better view of my wipe out!

OH and I sooooooooooo glad I had a full face helmet.... I bounced off the pavement is all I remember, only the bottom of the helmet is scratched, and not my chin off the pavement!

All I can say is the bike takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

BE SAFE and RIDE WITH A HELMET!!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
dang! glad you are ok. make sure you dont have any scratches on the frame, they will total it if it does(found that out the hard way) at any rate bikes can be replaced, people cant....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Happy that you're OK. Sucks about the bike though.

·
Registered
696 Posts
glad to see you are ok :bigthumbsup:.. maybe i should re-think the helmet choice :eek:.. and dust off my full face :D... just been so hot here in Vega 8)s...mjm

·
Registered
190 Posts
:yikes:  Bobby, glad you're okay Bro!  Bikes can be fixed, but sometimes we can't!  I hope the road rash and bump heals quickly!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just a little taste of turf, Bobby...you'll be fine in short order. :super: :super:

Good thing you had that FF on. :bigthumbsup:

LG

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
oh my God......that looks terrible.I am glad that you are ok tho!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Take it easy and take care of yourself Bro. I got the feeling that after the paint work that bike will look better than ever. Good thing you are doing good. :p

·
Registered
254 Posts
aceventura said:
glad to see you are ok :bigthumbsup:.. maybe i should re-think the helmet choice :eek:.. and dust off my full face :D... just been so hot here in Vega 8)s...mjm
+1

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The most important thing is your alive and kicking. Hope the bruises and road rash heal quickly! The bike is replaceable....your not!
There was a young buck on this board who started a poll on wheather people should be cool and not wear a helmet. I hope that same guy gets a look at your bike and get a wake-up call about using a "brain bucket".

·
Registered
131 Posts
Darn, what bad luck!
It hurts me to see your bike scratched that way, but it all could have been worse.
I wish you a good recovery, brother.

Pictures like these let me seriously think about installing some protection tubes onto my bike.
In germany we have these made by Hepco&Becker especially for the M1800R (M109R):

They cost around 160€ (180$).
Maybe someone in the US could build something similar? (Hint, hint, at DirectLine Parts :D )
because I guess, that with some of those your bike and maybe yourself would have been better protected.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey now, I am SO glad YOU are ok, and btw I was stationed at El Toro MCAS and had an apartment in Irvine (Love the town!) just a :bigthumbsup: that you will be back on the road :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Glad you are okay... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:yikes: ............... glad to hear you are pretty much OK :bigthumbsup:........ really sux about your bike :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Happy to hear you came out ok Bobby, it could have been a lot worse on a 700 lb bike!

I recommend everybody who rides a bike to take the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) class in your area, it will really help prevent accidents like this. I know you all know what you should do, but the class really makes you aware of why you should do certain things and that really makes you a more cautious and safe rider! I know the class was a big help to me and I considered myself a pretty good rider until I learned what I didn't know!

EFE M109

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Glad to hear your okay. The bike will get put back together, and by the time you're healing is done, the bike will be ready for you.

G

·
Ouch. Sorry to hear about your incident, but glad you walked away. I saw you debadged the bike the hard way. If you need to replace them you are welcome to mine. I saved them when I took them off and if you ruined your stock pegs, I have a set of those as well. If you can use them, just let me know, they are yours for the asking. Hope you are back up and riding real soon.

·
Registered
572 Posts
WOW MAN, we are twins now! My bike looks similar... the dent in the tank... scratches on the headlamp cover and fender... just not the rear end damage yours has...

Let me know what you do on yours, as I am considering custom paint also, being that new tanks are SO EXPENSIVE!!!

:)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts