M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaving from getting a MRI done in my ankle and the parking space was sloped the way I was facing which made it difficult to back out with my ankle. There was no cars to the left of me so I attempted to ease out to the left in first gear I made the turn about half way and the bike stalled and stopped dead in its tracks and lunged to the left and I could not hold it up. So I eased it down as easy as possible but I still damaged the left air cleaner cover and left emblem and left turn signal. Hindsight Tells me I should had been riding the clutch and been more aggressive :redfaced:

·
Registered
5 Posts
BigThumper said:
I was leaving from getting a MRI done in my ankle and the parking space was sloped the way I was facing which made it difficult to back out with my ankle. There was no cars to the left of me so I attempted to ease out to the left in first gear I made the turn about half way and the bike stalled and stopped dead in its tracks and lunged to the left and I could not hold it up. So I eased it down as easy as possible but I still damaged the left air cleaner cover and left emblem and left turn signal. Hindsight Tells me I should had been riding the clutch and been more aggressive :redfaced:
Sorry to hear about your mishap. You can always get your bike fixed, glad you didn't hurt yourself, at least you never mentioned any damage to yourself, besides the ankle issue, hopefully it won't cost too much to fix. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thats sucks!!! :eek: Good to hear you did not get any damage yourself. A few bucks and the bike will be like brand new. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still cant believe how quick things happen :eek:
If I can find a front Turnsignal and Air cleaner cover she will be good as new.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
BigThumper said:
So I eased it down as easy as possible but I still damaged the left air cleaner cover and left emblem and left turn signal. :redfaced:
Sounds like a lesson learned, and the emblems should be off anyway!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
593 Posts
A tough lesson by adversity. that probably wouldn't have gone down if your ank was %100. Reaaly glad you didn't get any rash out of it :(

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Sounds like a lesson learned, and the emblems should be off anyway!! :bigthumbsup:
If the emblem had been off, he would have ended up with a nice scratch and possibly a dent in the side of his tank. My 109 rolled itself off the side stand while I was letting it warm up to don my helmet. My Boulevard emblem saved my tank. I have contemplated removing it to clean it up, but don't know if I want to lose that cheaply replaced bit of insurance. And, since I wasn't even near my bike when it tipped, it fell full force. Cracked the arm of the left turn signal, broke the tip of clutch handle (which was replaced for free by dealer), scratched Boulevard emblem, put 2 small scratches in air box, and scratched the chrome rear fender strut. I'm glad the tank survived.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if i ever damaged the tank, id have it repaired and have the bottom seam on the tank removed. it would give the tank a real nice look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts