M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have unlimited oil changes at your disposal and someone to do it for you (with a day turnaround) - most of the time you ride your beast like there's no tomorrow...(or like you stole it?)

Question: how often would you have your oil changed; every couple hundred or thousand miles, after every time you went out? even if it was 50 miles or so...Jus' wondering..Tks 10-4

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yes, with the exception of the 600 mile oil change (I changed oil and rearend oil at 350 miles) i would change every 2000-3000 miles or once a year if you do not ride much. Always change the oil filter every time you change the oil. :tools: :doorag:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Under your scenario, especially if you are running the crap out of the bike, I would cut my oil changes back by 50% which would mean 1500 miles.

The only way I would trust a conventional motor oil in that case would be to do oil analysis.

If you are hard on any engine, you overwork the oil, now the question is, How Much is it overworked ? The ONLY way to tell is analysis. But hey, you could be one of those people that really don't care if you puke a motor or how long it lasts.

No Analysis, change the oil and filter, Damn Cheap Insurance !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts