M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all! This seems to be a great site here so I've joined up and will be a regular poster. I have just gotten a 06 Silver this past Saturday and Love it with the exception of the coolant leak that it sprung at 200 miles just like a lot of others on here I see. I'm so glad I just saw the leak thread, the dealership has looked at it twice since Monday and they ordered a gasket for it, so I'm going home after work and checking the clamp, thanks to this site!

Here's a little about me, I'm from Gadsden, Al. I'm 34 years old, married with 3 daughters, I had a VX800 for a long time as my first street bike, for you long time Suzuki riders that knows what that bike is, for those who don't, it is an early 90's Suzuki sport tourer. I sold it and picked up a CBR600RR last year. I had the CBR for 11 months and put just over 11,000 miles on it when a non driving idiot crossed the median and hit the car right next to me head-on, both taking me out in the process on April 18th of this year. The damages was, a totalled bike which I loved dearly, a 1" skull fracture right behind my left ear, the Dr. told my family if had I spent $10 less on something less than the Scorpion lid I had on, that I wouldn't have lived, also a broken left wrist, broken left thumb, severe road rash to both knees and the worst injury of all, get this, was the tennis elbow I was diagnosed with in my right elbow, it still bothers me until this day... The Dr. said it was probably from grabbing the brake so hard, it may take over a year for that to heal but all the other issues have healed with the exception of the tennis elbow. My heart got healed Saturday morning when I rode off on my M109, I almost do not even miss that sportbike at all anymore.

Anyway once again Great site, this newbie is really enjoying it.

Here's my new ride and a picture of my old one

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome, glad to hear you're pretty much ok, getting mangled by a couple of cars definetly doesn't sound like fun.... hope you will have more fun on you M109 and here on the board. :p

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to you all so far for the warm welcome. To those speaking of the "silver" being the fastest, I was let in on this big secret, of the additional factory HP with this silver color, a few years ago :bigthumbsup:.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
silveRRocket said:
Thanks to you all so far for the warm welcome. To those speaking of the "silver" being the fastest, I was let in on this big secret, of the additional factory HP with this silver color, a few years ago :bigthumbsup:.
If that was true then why did they paint the motor black? :joke:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lamonster said:
If that was true then why did they paint the motor black? :joke:
Hahahahaaha :dontknow: but afterall the outside of the cylider walls are partially silver :D.

·
Registered
770 Posts
:welcome: Just remember the red is the new silver and the fastest except for Lamonster's he's just insane w/all these modd's. :beer2:

·
Registered
248 Posts
The important thing to remember is the SILVER parts on the INSIDE of the Black 109's help them to keep up with the faster SILVER 109's :D Welcome and congratulations. BIGD

·
Registered
214 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :bigthumbsup: :welcome:

·
Registered
292 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Its good to see that you got right back on after fallen off......well knocked off..... :super: :super: :super:

·
Registered
448 Posts
:welcome: I used my 05 ZX-10R as a trade-in, and I don't miss it (well much ::)) Enjoy the 9, I do, have had it for 6 weeks and I'm at about 2500 miles :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
GOOD TO SEE ANOTHER 109 RIDER OUT THERE .AND WITH GOOD CHOICE OF COLOR THEY HAD TO STOP MAKING SILVER BECAUSE IT WAS TO MUCH FASTER THEN THE OTHER COLORS. LOL . GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW RIDE AND BE SAFE.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts