M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is a little different color scheme for you and I want some honest feedback on the color. This is a red pearl over a black base with black diamond ghost style flames and silver flames over them in certain areas. I like the color the more I look at it but am not sure what others will think.

I am selling this bike and will offer the paint set for sale with the exchange of your set. I painted the black plastic pieces black and will exchange those also. This is the extra bike that I picked up and have been using for paint exchange and have not even changed the title over. If you know of anyone that may be interested in either option please let me know.

This pearl does have a little bit of flop to it in different lights. It is hard to see how deep the black diamond flames are but they look great in the light. I used hok black diamond under candy red then added some silver flake on top and on the silver flames. The sun makes the pearl and flake explode.

·
Registered
310 Posts
you got to much light in the pictures, so you cant really see the details, but from what I can see it does look real nice. I would perfer to have a little more muted silver flame's, but over-all its a great job.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
They look nice. I expected more red color instead of dark purple, but it's a good looking bike. Would love to see it in person because I really can't see the black ghost flames well enough. So, you are selling this bike? Are the paint sets not selling quick enough to justify keeping it or something? Are you still gonna offer paint set exchanges after you sell this one?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I really like the silver flames...they seem to flow from the handlebars nicely. I think they connect the front end to the rest of the bike very well. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks cool....kinda burplish like with flames.....still like the first one best , dark cherry .....I really want that.....good job.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've "ALWAYS" been a fan of ghost flames!
The silver flames look pretty good...but the ghost flames are outstanding!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crow said:
you got to much light in the pictures, so you cant really see the details, but from what I can see it does look real nice. I would perfer to have a little more muted silver flame's, but over-all its a great job.
I need to get a better camera or learn how to use the one I have.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Silver flames need to be stretched out a bit. I'm not an artist or painter, but they little and concentrated. Color and ghost flames look cool though.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I Like the base color of the bike but im blind or something i can only make out the flames on the rear just barely. the silver flames look good but need to be stretched as stated above or add some other graphics more near the seat or something to even out the look on the tank more just my .02.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I like the color and the fact that you have to look closely for the flames on the bike :bigthumbsup:
I was wondering if you've experimented on a bike with anything like the "real flames" in the pic below:

·
Registered
207 Posts
oak, you are really talented and the color is outstanding.The flames are understated and that's cool to me,to much is not enough for some but I like it low key like that.Like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
montoya32 said:
Silver flames need to be stretched out a bit. I'm not an artist or painter, but they little and concentrated. Color and ghost flames look cool though.
The pictures don't show the dark flames but in person they are full of flake. If you stretched the silver flames they would be outside of the tribal flames. If you saw the layout in person you would see what I mean. I will have to take some different pictures to show how the flames are done.

This might help but I will take better pictures, these were done in the parking lot of the dealer.

·
Registered
974 Posts
vtxoak said:
The pictures don't show the dark flames but in person they are full of flake. If you stretched the silver flames they would be outside of the tribal flames. If you saw the layout in person you would see what I mean. I will have to take some different pictures to show how the flames are done.

This might help but I will take better pictures, these were done in the parking lot of the dealer.

AHH ok i can make out that there is a flame over flame on the tank i retract my statement about longer silver ones :bigthumbsup: Just hard as heck to see the darker ones on the computer im sure its awesome up close and IRL though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Personally don't care for the color, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a great paint job. I like the effect of the ghost flame with metal flake. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
PhreakShow said:
Personally don't care for the color, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a great paint job. I like the effect of the ghost flame with metal flake. :bigthumbsup:
+1

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PhreakShow said:
Personally don't care for the color, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a great paint job. I like the effect of the ghost flame with metal flake. :bigthumbsup:
Thanks for the input, I wasn't sure at first but the more I look at it the more I like it, you really need to see it in person in the sun. I did put it up for sale in the classified section.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think it would have looked better without the silver flames on it. Looks kinda like a after thought,deal,but it's a nice paint job! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
firecat said:
:bigthumbsup: whats the color of the base coat?
The base was black with a rosetta red peal over it and then black diamond ghost flames with candy red over them and silver flake on top, then the silver flames on the tank and front fender (no they were not after thoughts)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts