M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up guys. Well I'm looking to lower my 9 by 1.75". After 1.5 hours on the search I notices different bones lower the bike differents heights.

There is the Cycle House 1.5". Does it lower it more than 1.5?
There is the Cycle House 2.25" that some say lowers it less than 2"
There is the Custom Dynamics 1.75". Is this a true 1.75" drop?

Like I say, I just want a 1.75" drop. Does any one have pics of your bike with these bones? Thanx in advance.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
The exact amount you get depends on how you set your shock. The softer you set it, such as 2, lowers it more. Conversely if you set it on 7 it will raise it a little.

The Yana Shiki 2" bones lower it about 2.25" with the shock set on 4, and about 2.5" with it set on 2. I'd guess the 1.5" bones do the same, so if you set the shock softer it will get you close to the 1.75" that you want.

I don't know if the Custom Dynamics bones lower it exactly 1.75" or not, but they may depending on the shock setting.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
hey zoom, which bones are on your 9?
Yup, as BP said, they are the Yana Shiki 2". I measured them and they are actually 2.5" lower with the shock set on #2 compared to the stock bones with the shock set on #4. With me on the bike the swingarm is sitting perfectly level.

·
Registered
791 Posts
thanks .... working towards lowering mine this off season. :)

any noteable places to buy that you's know of?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
Right here on DLP is a good place. And they used to have a policy that if you bought them and didn't like the amount of drop, you could exchange them for a different drop.

I got mine off ebay.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
tnx! Looks like good savings.
--The annual fee is not for me tho.
You don't have to pay an annual fee to order, just if you want to join the parts club and get things at a bigger discount. The price they show on the site is their regular price.

·
Registered
423 Posts
From the research I did before purchasing, the Yanishiki 2" bones lower the bike more than the Cycle House 2" bones. This is just going by what others are saying on the forum, not compared personally. I got the Cycle House 2" bones, and it still lowered more than I had originally wanted, but..... I freakin love them, wouldn't change it now. Looks bad ass :doorag:. Pipes scrape sometimes but its all good :bigthumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts