M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a Victory rider tonite as we were checking each others bikes. The conversation switched to 6 speeds and our mutual wish that we had them. He mentioned that some bikes you can get a kit for your trans that raises the gearing, making first a welcome more usable gear through fifth being closer to an overdrive. JR, Hal or Lamont, is there a possiblity that this can happen for the 'M'?

G

·
It would be alot easier for the Victory rider to do than one of us. The Victory is belt driven so all they would have to do is change out the pulley to a different tooth ratio. When I had my Roadstar guys were doing that all the time to get more high end or low end. Shaft is a total different story, but you did ask the Wise Ones, and I would be interested to hear what they have to say as well.

I for one could go for 6th gear. You would think I have one for all the times I try to shift to it. :p

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At 1:20 a.m. I know you're just shifting into third.
'Mornin' bro.
I mentioned to the guy that a shaft drive would probably be different, not having a clue what goes on inside that drive.
Without searching through the archives and knowing you'll know something about this, What's the verdict, or your verdict on removing baffles compleately? JR's pipes as well as our experiment on mine has me now very curious.

G

·
Victory, Big Dog and now Harley (on some models) do/are going to have them standard. I guess over time things will evolve.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The so called easiest solution is the one I'd be interested in. I love to ride, I don't race it at all. That leaves me with a very torquey ready to smoke but rarely used first gear. The most annoying part is if I want to exit a traffic light and not start in second, I definately have to shift in midturn. Personal preferences are like seatprints, everyone has one.
Leave it to you JR to have a fully stocked answer without even looking into it yet.
'preciate it.
-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts