M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have read some reports of the problem, and hope it would not happen. Now it has... :edit:
Started up the bike this morning (after setting about 2 weeks). As the idle dropped down from the first start it just kept going. The bike died. I tried to restart, and it would not fire. I gave it a little gas then she fired up, and died. :edit: Did this about 3 times. Then I smelled gas. I looked down and found a large puddle of gas that was growing rapidly. Shut everything down and noticed it seemed to be coming from behind the left air filter, but it was running all over the cylinder. I did not have time to pull the filter off yet. I know some of you have reported on this, but no one has (that I found) followed up on what exactly the problem was. Is it an easy fix or a dealer fix? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Any input would be appreciated. I will let you know what I find. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
the last one of these was leaking at the fuel rail connections just above the throttle bodies and I don't remember if it was the o-ring on the fuel rail side or the injector to throttle body side. may just need to be reseated, or the o-ring is bad or the fitting itself is bad. the tank and air filters must come off to see these. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. :bigthumbsup: I will definately post what is found.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My bike sat for about a week and a half... I started it on a cold morning to warm before a ride we had in Va. After about a minute of running I suddenly
saw several spots near the kickstand in my garage.,,of course I could smell the gas.

It dripped for only seconds and stopped...I'd say abot 2-3 teaspoons , I let it continue to run and it burned off ias it was so little, I let it idle for about 10 minutes to see
if anymore would continue and it didn't, so I took it out and kept a real close eye on it ...and it has been nothing since...I have a early ride Sat morning 7:00 am
the 3rd of Nov , should be about 40-45 degrees...colder than when I had the leak the first time....and it's been sitting for a week now...if it does it again , to the dealer it goes....I consider that to be a danger to me and those around me .

I'll be sure to post my results.....either way.

It is definently coming from behind the Left air box...the are 2 lines that run behind it...and there you should see the moisture if it's dripping....one of those lines
has a cheesey hose clamp on it...I would rather the type you can tighten instead of the squeeze release type.

·
Registered
27 Posts
just got my bike back, for a gas leak. What they told me, was the gas line to the injector was routed wrong during assembly. Which was pulling on the connection, causing the leak. Hasn't leaked since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts