M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in the faq's that if you only install exhaust and do no air mod that you don't need fuel management. I'd like to get some opinions on that. So from what I'm understanding, there will be no loss of performance, no popping on decel, etc if you only do exhaust and don't put some kind of fuel management on the bike? Thanks in advance for your .02 cents.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
if you are getting just pipes than you dont really need to, but it would be better if you did. and you know that you will be most likely adding a intake setup as well so mind as well get the fuel processor. i rec cobra FI2000R.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Here's my .02 cents. If you just install pipes you dont really need fuel management. But don't think for a second that you won't have decel pop. You will. If you block off the pair valves, you will reduce the decel pop. I've got pipes-thunder tornadoes-fi2000-blocked pairvalves-and an occasional decel pop.
I did have a 9 with just pipes and it wasn't unbearable but it did have a decel pop. that being said, it ran just fine!:bigthumbsup: the pop was actually kinda cool!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Even a stock bike runs better with some fuel tweaking. You don't have to have one to run just pipes, but to get the best performance out of them you should have one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts