M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a dumb question but I've got to ask it anyway. I've heard people talk about installing the dynabeads in their tire when mounting a new one on the rim instead of using the valve stem which does sound easy enough if you're replacing the tire but what about seating the bead? I just imagine dynabeads flying out of the tire when you blast it with air to seat the bead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I am thinking the same thing. I got a 300 Avon coming. I got Dynabeads today they came in the kit 3 1OZ packages, hose, bottle. I no how hard it is to blow a race car tire up on the bead. So I will be installing mine threw valve stem to makesure all $23.00 worth makes it in the tire.
Dam Guy

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I have heard of some guys just throwing the whole pack in there. As the tire rotates, the bags bust open.

I did mine through the valve stem just to be sure. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm thinking valve stem as well. Putting a 90 degree valve stem on. Hopefully that doesn't complicate the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
First, the beads work awesome. I have run them combined on my 9 and Bikergranny's for 52K miles. We have been over 130 mph and butter smooth. Best thing if you want to eliminate those nasty looking weights.

There are 3 ways to put them in.

1) Put through the valve stem. To do this, you need a vibration device (dremel, wife's toy) to tap against the plastic hose to vibrate them through the stem. Otherwise they tend to get caught up and clustered. This can take anywhere from 10 minutes a rim and up depending.

2) Have the dealer put the tire on the rim, then they can pour them in before inflating. This is what I have done the whole time.

3) Throw the bag in. I personally cannot vouch for this and won't do it myself. I assume the bag breaks apart, but what if it doesn't?

·
Registered
501 Posts
in the past i have aired up the tire and popped the bead then broke the tire back down on one side. or just get the bead popped on one side. putting them in through the stem isn't bad, a longer piece of hose helps alot. easier to control the amount trying to go in to stem. if you do it right you can use your finger and tap the bottle,they'll go right in.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
I tried doing mine while mounting the tire and gave up on it. I mount mine flat on a table I've made just for changing tires, and maybe if you had a real tire changer it could be done. But my fear was getting a couple beads between the tire and rim and losing the seal, so I put them in through the valve stem. Plus the lube I use on the tire is a little sticky so you would need to be very careful that no beads stuck to it.

The last two sets of tires I've mounted I've used the Counteract brand of beads. They are smaller than Dynabeads and go through the stem really easy. It takes maybe 1 minute to pour 2 or 3 ounces of them in.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I've done mine through the valve stem also. The only issue I've really had is the air inside the tire being damp from the soap used to mount the tire. Removing the valve core and letting the air out gets the inside if the valve stem wet, making the beads clump together. I had to use a blowgun to dry off the valve to get the beads to go in. Other than that, no issues, and I use Dynabeads everytime.

-Josh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts