M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While polishing Center Mass' levers, he noticed they are different... Here is a picture. I'm holding the 07 lever.

I like the new ones better by the way.:-\

We also lowered it 1.5", de-badged her, de-baffled her, de-beavered her. He was pretty happy with the end result, but he's been bitten with the mod bug now. I'll let him post the pics of his bike. Hell of a nice guy too!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,140 Posts
That's interesting. Before I read the text I saw the picture and thought it was bent. Does it actually increase the reach to the lever? It looks like the bend brings it in closer, but it's almost too far from the grip to reach it at the closest point.

·
Registered
735 Posts
hmmm

this looks like an item to retrofit onto my bike. i like the look and the functionality of it, i have to pay closer attention to my buddies with 08's and see first hand

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
That's interesting. Before I read the text I saw the picture and thought it was bent. Does it actually increase the reach to the lever? It looks like the bend brings it in closer, but it's almost too far from the grip to reach it at the closest point.
I thought the same thing. Even looking at Bikergranny's bike, I never noticed it looking that way.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
With a little man handling you can make your own look like that. I know they can take it. had my front brake lever curled around like a banana. I put it back straight.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Hink they did actually change that on the 08s, my bike is an 07 bought jan 08 and after 6000ks the clutch cable broke at the lever. when i went to the dealer to buy a new cable i noticed they had changed the shape of the lever's. I asked the spare parts guy if they had a different part # for the k8 compared to the k7'and they did. I thought it changed the pivot point slightly aswell where it pulls on the cable, so i bought a new lever and cable and since then I have done just shy of 35000ks on the the cable with no signs of wear at the lever.
Don't know if it was the lever on the k7 models which lead to the cable braking or a dodgy cable, but since new cable and new lever no problems.

Cheers Terry..

·
Registered
146 Posts
levers

I have an 09 and they are the bent ones just like on the bike. Never really paid attention till someone pointed it out.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I got the boot. I think the '07 version is more esthetically pleasing

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,140 Posts
Hink, or anyone that has an 09, does the brake lever have the bend in it too? I would think they would shape both the same way if nothing but for looks.

Mine clutch lever had a boot on it, but I took it off. Too rough on the chrome. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts