M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone notice when just cruising around town, it gets clunkier shifting ??? i guess the hotter it gets the more cluncy it gets ??? my first service was with suzuki 10-40 syn blend,,,, i dont wanna start any oil wars here,, but if some one can tell me to try a different oil i will ????

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes I just hate the last part of my ride cause it is stop signs, slow speeds, and a lot of clunky shifting. My bike runs and shifts much smoother when it is cold. I am considering switching to Amsoil but I'd like to see more of what is said about it before I spend 9 bucks a quart. :eek:

G

·
My bike suffers from the same problem and I just had the oil changed less than one hundred miles ago. I have been thinking of using synthetic oil, but have been told by many Suzuki technitions not to use it. I will be into my stealer tomorrow morning, I will inquire int to problem.

Reed

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oil Doc convinced me to go with Amsoil its good stuff smooths out alot but its not all gone. I went 10-40. Make sure you get the motorcycle safe stuff it doesn't have molly in it and is okay for the wet clutch. Check other threads guys here are much smarter than me but I think I got most of that right. I get mine at NAPA but you can order it through Directline parts.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If you get a chance PM Oildoc and ask him if he can send you some paperwok on Amsoil.
I love it and notice that my bike runsbetter and smother with almost 5k miles on it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I definately notice that 2nd is much clunkier if you wind out 1st. Don't know the innards well enough to fathom why. Other than that no difference whether hot or cold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts