M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I know there was a discussion on this but for me it doesNt seem so normal, so i would like to try and get to the bottom of this with your help and feedback.

Bike had some clutch issues since i bough it used. 2008 r2 model. Clutch shudder was common. After some invesrigation i decided to remove the cover and change ring washer and cut a groove on the pin. Shudder imediately went away, also instaled pro factory shift star, but to be honest wasn't impressed.

Bike drives and shifts fine, but clunky but i learnt to ignore the clunk in lower gears as well as the whining from the engine.

The thing that its making me crazy is this clutch movement. The lever has a goog slack mainly because the slightest throttle movement will make the lever jump forward and become stiff. The harder the throttle the stiffer it gets. People say its normal because of engine movement but just a very faint move of the throttle will do it so im convinced it must be the clutch basket being pull inwards because of the helicall gears torque. When i open the clutch i've felt no abnormal in/out movement of the clutch basket but im not shure if some failed bearing could be causing this or if its normal such large movement from the clutch

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,666 Posts
Have you checked your engine mounts?
Worn engine mounts will cause extra engine
movement when throttle is applied....

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Completely normal. There has to be enough slack at the lever to deal with the internal clutch movement that causes the cable to tighten. When you romp on it hard, you should reach to the lever and pull it slightly. It needs to have just a bit of slack when romping on it.

Here's what mine looks like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts