M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Re: Another Break Light Option!!!

Im leaning towards the smoke colored for the blurple but i do like the clear on the Silver no doubt.

Its a good thing when i go riding alot of times im just out having fun and not in a hurry to go somewhere cause everywhere you go people gotta stop and talk about the bike. It really sucks when you get a real talker that wont leave i cant stand the attention.

:joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually you guys are correct! I've heard the same thing, that our brake light is visible from space. But I figured I drop that lil tidbit out there for some who may want more light. I refuse to ride at night around here, New Mexico is in the top 10 for DWI and I don't intend on being a statistic.

Devilish

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
All research shows that our biggest problems are in front of us...
BUT I like the idea of more light to the rear anyway. I dont think more down low is the answer.
I think it needs to be high enough for the drivers BEHIND the drivers behind us can see it like a high centered brake light.

Like this, There are others out there too

http://www.helmet-brake-light.com/index.php?lang=en

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
sledzep01 said:
All research shows that our biggest problems are in front of us...
BUT I like the idea of more light to the rear anyway. I dont think more down low is the answer.
I think it needs to be high enough for the drivers BEHIND the drivers behind us can see it like a high centered brake light.

Like this, There are others out there too

http://www.helmet-brake-light.com/index.php?lang=en

Sledzep
Is the light turned on by an inertia switch or is it hard wired into your brake system? :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
It is wired into the brake circuit. There are 2 ways, 1 is with a straight replacement bulb, the other gets wired in.
It depends if you use older style incandescent bulbs or not.
Either way a wireless signal activates it on the helmet.
I found it while researching whether or not someone had invented it yet. (I had an idea)

Sled

·
Registered
525 Posts
Am I the only one that was impressed with the quality of the paper towel mud flap? :joke:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yup, I've seen these lights many times before and they are definitely BRIGHT!! If you've got a place to put them I'd recommend them. You can never have too much light showing to your rear. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts