M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
That is either pure adrenailine, drugs, or pure luck. I think the skid mark in my shorts would be as long as the one from the car. :joke: :joke:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
J R said:
 Thats gotta be phony everyone has posted on the internet its 100% impossible to make it in any kinda bike wreck without a helmet and full body armor. I'm sure the guy died or ended up in a coma cause internet experts have determined that is the outcome of all motorcycle accidents  :D
i agree.

·
Registered
752 Posts
J R said:
 Thats gotta be phony everyone has posted on the internet its 100% impossible to make it in any kinda bike wreck without a helmet and full body armor. I'm sure the guy died or ended up in a coma cause internet experts have determined that is the outcome of all motorcycle accidents  :D
My buddy (names withheld to protect the stupid) in 98 ran a ZX9 into a building at 75 MPH. The bike was completely totalled. It was about the size of a 36 inch TV. He was wearing a tshirt and jeans. He flew off the bike and hit a tempered glass window. It didn't break but flexed in far enough to set off the motion alarm. It then kicked him back out 12 ft to the pavement and he jumped up and said "I'm okay" He took 9 pins in one arm and 10 in the other. Armour would have done nothing for these injuries. You could see handprints and a perfect outline of his face, in oil. Once we knew he wasn't dead we couldn't stop laughing.

Later they said that a helmet probably would have sent him through the window and cut him to shreds.

I support helmets but the human body can be remarkably resilient at times.

·
Registered
752 Posts
J R said:
I agree there a few time I coulda used my helmet when riding with freinds last year on my Busa I was over 200 rounding 215 on an ol county road and my freakin 350 dollar sunglasses flew off and if id had on a helmet id still have those glasses today instead of the new pair I have now :evil:
Tinted face shield

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i'm sure the guy is really injured. i was in a decenly bad bike accident, and behaved in a similar fashion. i was walking around ranting and raving until i passed out. i woke up in the emergency room with broken ribs, punctured lung, and a shoulder that had to be reconstructed.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
phaed said:
i'm sure the guy is really injured. i was in a decenly bad bike accident, and behaved in a similar fashion. i was walking around ranting and raving until i passed out. i woke up in the emergency room with broken ribs, punctured lung, and a shoulder that had to be reconstructed.
He's probably fine. Maybe some pulled muscles and such, but otherwise ok. If you notice, the car hit the front of his bike. It didn't make contact with him directly, or he would not have been walking around on that left leg. It would have been crushed. Also, the impace was relatively low speed.... hence the bike not being thrown away from the car. Either way, he's still tremendously lucky.

JR, we all know you are against helmets. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't save lives. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts