M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have spent the better part of 3 days reading and re-reading just about every post and thread i can find but have not read want i need to hear:dontknow:. Just bought a brand new 09 m109r and am trying to find out if adding a ATRE (of any brand) will be benificial to the jerkyness of this beast. Coming from a v-star to this is quite a relearning curve as how i ride! I am very afraid to put other half on back for fear of it jerking and lurching her off. From what i have read is the guys putting this on have done other mods first. This bike only has 89 miles on it when i got to work this morning so no mods yet except sticker and reflector removal. does anyone else have bone stock 09, 9 with a ATRE to provide me some good intel?:dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I agree that the GIPRO is the best ATRE . But if your jerking hard enough to throw someone off the back of the bike ,There is either something wrong with your bike or you need to take a rider learning course .
I do agree it has the most to offer, but $150 compared to $40. If he just bought his bike, he may want to not spend that much. I was just saying I've never had a problem with my JSD, and I know what gear I'm in. That's all.:bigthumbsup: How have you been 1BAD9? Been a while...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

Thanks for all the fast replies but 1bad9 needs to know that with over 30 years of riding experience i think i quailify as a rider of some :edit: knowledge, just trying to tame this bike down at take off.:nojoke:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Ive installed a JSD-3M on my bike and its been working happily for almost 1.5 years, fixed up the lean surge and jerking 100% You wont be dissapointed :bigthumbsup: Later on when you finally add an EFI like the Fi2000R you'll get even smoother riding and refinement.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Hey RicoChet... where did you purchase your JSD-3M? Did you get it in Canada? I would like to purchase one too.

Thanks
I bought it from the sites sponsor, DLP. Click the banner at the top of the screen, you can call them up and order it. They shipped it to me in Ontario is a fair amount of time, happy with the product.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ordered the GiPro Monday with DLP over the phone....received it along with the bracket after work today....had it installed and on the road within an hour. My driveway is gravel about 150ft up a hill and around the bend...using the GiPro was night and day compared to stock...went up without jerking could not believe how smooth it was. I initially tried buying the Smart TRE from Adaptive Performance, and waited a month never got it...finally got my money back with Paypal....rather pay the extra rather than deal with frustration of waiting, sending e-mails with no response, and finally getting my money back...the displays is bright and is right on with the gears.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for all the fast replies but 1bad9 needs to know that with over 30 years of riding experience i think i quailify as a rider of some :edit: knowledge, just trying to tame this bike down at take off.:nojoke:
Free
I too have been riding and racing for 36 years . I guess I don't understand about all the jerkiness that people associate with this bike, I don't think it is jerky at all , with or without a TRE . I think for some people , it might be more getting used to a Shaft drive motorcycle than anything , as I've owned many .

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Go with the GI-PRO , all the others are crap !!!

GI-PRO has gear indicator and TRE !!!
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
:agree::agree:

I started off like Hink with the JSD-3m being one of the first mods and upgraded to the GI-Pro.

:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum also.

Check out the two links in my signature and hope to see you in June. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,138 Posts
I've ridden bikes for over 40 years and it still took me a while to learn how to control the jerkiness. Some of it is getting the right amount of slack in the throttle cable, and some of it is doing the right mods. It also seems to be easier to ride after you get a few miles on it. Mine is either a lot smoother now at 17,000 miles, or I've just gotten used to it.

It also has a lot more engine braking than any other bike I've had. So the minute you go off the throttle it's like hitting the brakes. And a lot of torque at low rpms, so even with little throttle it still hits with a good shot of torque. And on top of that it has really large throttle bodies, so a little throttle admits a lot of air. Notice how little throttle you're actually giving it at 55-60 mph.

All the mods I've done have helped to a degree. More open exhaust, GiPro, adding a Cobra fuel tuner, etc. I still won't say it's the smoothest bike I've ever had but it's several degrees better than it was new.

:welcome: to the forum too. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok thanks guys i really love this forum, there was quite a lot of slack in the throttle cable but i adjusted it to be minimal should i actually have some slack there? heres another question to check this bike, i filled up the bike with gas the day i got it, only put 125 miles on it and the gas light started flashing on it and refilled with 4.25 gallons now i know thats a little over 29 miles to the gallon but seems to be a little low is it me or does beast just like to drink (if so well make a great pair) and yea there were quite a few full throttle runs up over 100 in there.:D:D:D:D:D

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
ok thanks guys i really love this forum, there was quite a lot of slack in the throttle cable but i adjusted it to be minimal should i actually have some slack there? heres another question to check this bike, i filled up the bike with gas the day i got it, only put 125 miles on it and the gas light started flashing on it and refilled with 4.25 gallons now i know thats a little over 29 miles to the gallon but seems to be a little low is it me or does beast just like to drink (if so well make a great pair) and yea there were quite a few full throttle runs up over 100 in there.:D:D:D:D:D
fuel gauge is crap on these i was down 1 bar and filled her up and it took $14.50.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.