M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got home. was out on a ride when along came 3 harleys and stopped at the lights beside me. they all start gunning there engines (couldnt even hear my bike) I wasnt going to race them but then the lights went green and I thought what the hell (read lots of other posts about it) I gunned it and never heard from them after that. (my mate was behind all this and he said 1 of them went a bit sideways and touched the other one(I dont know I was just hanging on going for it) It would of looked a classic.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think people are realizing that Harley isn't that great of a bike, or I least I hope they do. At my work I'm surrounded by Harley owners and none of them can tell me why their bike is better than mine. The only answer I respect, is that one guy said he liked the look of the harley over the other bikes. Other than that, a Harley is like a beer at a ballgame.... overpriced and watered down!!! :dontknow:

-Chad

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Man, you had me worried when I clicked on the topic.....

I'm glad it was this sort of post! I enjoy toasting Harley's....
The funnest part is when they pull up next to me and I'm already stopped (we have some pretty long traffic lights in this area). They have no idea that I have a serious problem keeping my 109 under the speed limit!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Harleys,are alright,If that's what you want. If you are into high performance,you probably wouldn't be intrested in one though,unless it's the V Rod. They are mostly cruisers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I agree with Ron .Harleys aren't meant for speed and quickness but more for comfort and style(V-Rod being the exception. That their owners think they have a pretty fast bike ..well thats just wishfull thinking. I personally love the look of the ROAD KING CUSTOM and if i could afford one id get it in a heart beat. But for all around performance,style,looks and price nothing beats my SILVER M109R.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I must have passed about 2 dozen various harleys on my run back from Oklahoma with the bike when I bought it. None of them even came close to catching me. Only 2 or 3 even tried and they soon discovered they didn't have it. Was a very windy day and we were heading into the wind. Have nothing against HD riders, so long as they have nothing against me, but I still think HD's are using technology from too darn long ago and it shows in their reliability and performance BIG time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts