M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started my new 2 into 1 exhaust project tonight. I'm doing mine a little different than some of the others. First I cut my stock exhaust right after the s.e.t. valve, however I am not planing on using it and took it out. I also cut off the nipples on both sides Of the s.e.t. This gives me extra room to slide my end pipe onto and enough that if I want to cut it off and do something else I can. I'm not worried about using a chrome tip because I think I'm going to wrap my header pipes in black exhaust wrap and paint my tip black. I really like the look of black wrapped pipes. The tip is a 3 inch piece and fit really well over the stock coupler. I also welded the header pipes where the clamps are so when I wrap them there isn't any bumps that look out of place. I may or may not run a baffle in this set up. Here are the pics as of now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Another 2 into 1 custom exhaust

well to be honest I dont know how to post on this format

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

slickdj96 said:
Posting pics is just as easy as e-mailing them. Let me help you out.

1. Sign up for free account at www.PhotoBucket.com and log into the account

2. Click "Browse" button which will pull up a list of your folders and files on your computer. Just need to know where the pic is. Please be sure to keep the pics around 800 x 600 pixels or so. This is a good size to view on the web.. not too small, not too big.

3. Once you find the pic you are wanting to upload in step 2, you select it by double clicking it, and then click "Submit"Â This will upload the image to your Photobucket account.

4. Once the photo is uploaded, it will give you 3 options for linking to the image. The first gives the plain URL, the second gives the TAG code, and the third (the one for this site) gives the IMG tag. That is what you will want to use to attach the file to a post here. If you copy that link, you only need to paste it into your post here. It will already have the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags around it. That's all there is to it. Give it a try.

·
Registered
525 Posts

slickdj96 said:
Good luck with that project. Hopefully, you will have figured out the pic thing by then so we can see the results.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks medic1210 that helped alot. Lets try this. Keep in mind its not finished yet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is another pic. The tip I used is not only slash cut but also has a slight turnout which let me keep hte body of the tip nice and tight against the bike.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Lookin good slick. How does it sound? no sound clip needed, just your typing :bigthumbsup:

what's the pipe size you used?

·
Registered
702 Posts
toneout said:
... Wrap it with black header wrap and leave the stainless tip natural.
That's a good, budget alternative to coming up with some shiny heat shields.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I love your choice of turned-out slash-tip. Just need to rotate it down slightly to keep water from collecting/pooling. Chrome it, market it, and I'll buy it! :a18:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah its pretty loud and kinda hard to describe the sound. To me it kinda sounds like a pro stock bike or car that you would hear at the track. It's got a deep tone to it too. I might throw some sort of baffle in there I'm not sure yet. Have to take it for a ride still to see how she sounds on the road under load. The tip is a stainless steel 3 inch turnout tip that I got for $5 at Auto Zone, would have gotten chrome if they had it but no luck. I like the idea of leaving the tip stainless and not painting it black like I planned but dont know how that will look. I just ordered my black exhaust wrap so it should be here in the next few days. I will be sure to keep a eye on this post and and keep you guys updated with more pics and answer questions. Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Looks good... :bigthumbsup:

Mind posting a wider profile? To get an idea what the whole bike looks like..
How hard would it be to extend the pipe 6 or so inches down towards the rear tire? Basically, hiding the swing arm...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Slick, I don't know what your LE are like out in Blue Grass, Iowa. But down here in South Florida with no baffle that thing would see more action than George Michael in prison. It'd bring a whole new meaning to the term tailpipe.

LG

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright here are some more pics. I just took it for a short ride and wow she sounds good, but then again I love loud pipes. She really sounds good at idle and not as bad as you might think just cruising, but man if you punch it look out lol. Someone mentioned it needed to be turned down to keep water out, well it looks turned up in the pics but in person you can see it is completely level. That was one thing I was worried about. I bet I had the pipes off and on the bike 6 times mocking things up to make sure it looked right and there were no Clearence problems. I suppose you could go longer on the tip but the longer you go the more likely you will have to come up with some sort of brace on the back side to keep everything solid. The :cop:'s around here aren't to bad but you never know how they will act. I would just use a light twist of the wrist if I saw one around. I will be glad to help anyone who has questions about this project. I think the best part about it (besides the custom exhaust) is that I got to buy a new mig welder!!

A shot from the top to show how tight it is to the frame and comes out at the end.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That looks good.. I will be watching this post and waiting for the black header wrap i think that will really look bad a$$.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
363 Posts
That's a good effort, Slick. :bigthumbsup: :super: :super:

And do keep it bomb lite around the law, don't need that much attention.

Oh yeah, if Clarence give you any problems, just call LG. :super:

I'll knock his azz plumb...or parallel :joke:

LG ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol thanks LG I missed that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Slick! Thanks for posting more pics... Looking good bro! :super: