M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know about the rest of you, but I have a heck of a time seeing that speedometer and readouts. I have to lean forward every time I want to see how fast I'm going.
Here's something that really helped and was not hard to do. Just take that one screw out on the chrome panel (towards the seat) that holds the speedometer gauge, put a towel on top of the gas tank under the panel so you do not scratch you tank. Now after you have the screw out, lift the panel from the seat end just enough to clear the gas cap and move the panel forward about 1" and then you can lift it up. turn it over (making sure you have towels all around so there is no scratching of anything) and you will see that there are 4 screws holding the gauge into the panel. Take those screws out. You will need a Dremal here to angle the flat spots that the speedometer sits on(not the gauge, but the panel). After that is done use a drill on the speedometer holes to angle them slightly so the screws will line up.
Now find two screws that are about 1/2" to 3/4" longer than the originals and what I used for spacers was 2 nuts on ea. side. You will use the longer screws on the bottom side(towards the seat). Also, I used some weather - stripping tape around the gauge(this is not really needed).
This really helped, I am now able to see the gauge without leaning forward at all. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Innovative people rock!! Nice work!!   :bigthumbsup:  :bigthumbsup:

I may look into this mod myself because I've had trouble reading the speedo too!!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Great idea!!! I have a heck of a time seeing the digital readouts! This mod will take care of that problem :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
SWEEEET!!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
253 Posts
sounds like a great mod but since i swapped to a half face helmet i have no probs at all but i do agree that with a full face helmet i couldnt see my speedo properly

·
Registered
277 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
whats that above the dash under the bars
It's a digital gear indicator. He mentioned it in another thread. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
i take it you ground the post at the top of the speedo to get it to angle towards you ?? i took mine apart and looked and that is how it looked to me ?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are talking about the two posts that the screws go into towards the handlebar , Yes. You need to angle them in the direction of how the speedo will sit. I also did take just a little more off than just the angle to raise it up some. Just do not go to much as that is not to thick and the screws won't hold if to much is taken off. :bigthumbsup:

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts