M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Is not just the saddle bags, almost ALL motorcycle accessories that I have seen are ridiculously expensive, and I have a few examples; we all know that it is cheaper to put a new set of Hooker headers with Flowmaster pipes and mufflers on a V-8,(I personally know this as I did it on my Camaro) than getting new pipes on some bikes and let`s not forget about the seats, some Corbin or Mustang seats will run you as much as a whole living room set and I know it is not because manufacturing cost.  Personally, I have always wondered why it is cheaper to get a set of 20" CRHOME wheels/tires maybe even with spinners, than it is to get just 2 custom rims on a bike and I am not even including the tires on this price comparison. If there are any skeptics that don`t believe this, do some research and see for yourself. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
M109Rican said:
Is not just the saddle bags, almost ALL motorcycle accessories that I have seen are ridiculously expensive, and I have a few examples; we all know that it is cheaper to put a new set of Hooker headers with Flowmaster pipes and mufflers on a V-8,(I personally know this as I did it on my Camaro) than getting new pipes on some bikes and let`s not forget about the seats, some Corbin or Mustang seats will run you as much as a whole living room set and I know it is not because manufacturing cost. Personally, I have always wondered why it is cheaper to get a set of 20" CRHOME wheels/tires maybe even with spinners, than it is to get just 2 custom rims on a bike and I am not even including the tires on this price comparison. If there are any skeptics that don`t believe this, do some research and see for yourself. :bigthumbsup:
It has to do with quantities. Auto industry makes huge quantities but motorcycle industry quantities are very small.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
It has to do with quantities. Auto industry makes huge quantities but motorcycle industry quantities are very small.
I would say quantity is 75%
the rest is the fact that these are looked at as toys, not necessities. When it is needed people get more upset about price (less people would buy a Harley for instance) if you HAD to HAVE a bike to get by. I bet many of us have regular cars... but great bikes with all sorts of add ons...
People complain about the price of milk and generally buy anything off the shelf while some cost more than others. Then they go buy Grey Goose vodka and say it's worth the price. That sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i want some of what they are smoking

1 - 19 of 19 Posts