M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Round trip miles and rough estimate on cost...because I damn sure didnt get 40mpg going through the mid-west with 45mph gusts of wind. Besides having to buy a tire from harley dealership....a tornado...hail storm.......trip was great...I gotta say this bike is perfectly capable of doing a road trip..is it as nice as a gold wing???...I would guess not..but with some lowers..I think I could have fallen asleep at the wheel..On the way back.rode from Winslow AZ to amarillo TX I believe about 520. From Amarillo to Conway Arkansas I think 580 could have those two reversed..then from Conway AR to Bristol VA 660 miles..back to back to back..But hurt a little on that one.....the rifle shield did great...changing oil and a and rear oil tomorrow...also grabbing some [email protected] filters...any other things Im forgetting besides a major cleaning tomorrow??? More pics and videos incoming..made my way to little town where wild hogs was made...and the ride around the East part of grand canyon was great....if you havent been there you gotta go...Pictures do that place no justice at all...

Madrid NM

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
cool but ya you picked a bad time to come through the mid west we got snow last week glad you guys had a great time and yes the bad lands and Grand Canyon is a MUST SEE for everyone It never gets old going through them!!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,137 Posts
That's awesome bro! I don't think I could handle a trip like that over that short of a period, but it sure sounds like fun. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Nice max speed too. :D

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
And now that you have posted a 103 mph reading the boys in blue will be commin for you. Looks like you had a blast.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's some serious miles Torn. I wish I had known you came thru here, would liked to have met you, glad you got back safe.
Was only in AR for one night...in Conway..dry county btw:dontknow: No cold beer in room to finish the day :( ...too many young folks running around (graduation) for me to do the bar thing. Im sure we could have had a great conversation :bigthumbsup:

And now that you have posted a 103 mph reading the boys in blue will be commin for you. Looks like you had a blast.
that was a glitch in the GPS :evil: got stuck between like 5 18wheelers...and kinda got tired of it....it was pretty good ride coming back..going down was a mess...the weather in midwest man..is nuts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.