M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I'm awaiting surgery and am unable to ride my bike right now, a friend of mine picked up my 109 to take over to his house to use as a rainy day project. The guy has the kind of garage most of us lust after equipped with things like a hydraulic bike hoist, welding equipment, buffing wheels, saws of all kinds, tire changing and wheel balancing equipment, paint equipment, etc. and is a magician with most anything he works on. In fact, he just took best of show with his black VTX at the annual coloradical run that a lot of Xers attend every fourth.
The plan with my bike is to add a number of things, make a two into one, or a two into one into two exhaust, remove the Pair system and consider the lowering and raking possibilities if I want to go that way. I can hardly wait for the surgery, on me, not the bike.
The cute thing though is he called me as soon as he got my scoot over into his garage to assure me it was okey. Then he told me, that although my clutch was a lot different from his VTX1800 that my bike is Go* awful quick. He already knew that but had the opportunity to experience it first hand. He then went on to tell me he could hardly believe how well it cornered.
I thought you guys might appreciate his feed back.
Jer
Jer

G

·
Jer, Hope your surgery goes well and the your recoup goes fast. Sounds like your bike is in capable hands. Hopefully, you will be in that garage helping him very, very soon. Be well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts