M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting some bags for the 109, but I really like the looks without the bags. On the other hand, for when I need to haul something, was not sure how to do it. Found this on e-bay. I have the silver bike so I got the Titanium and black. Just arrived today. Awesome quality and great looks. Silver just happens to match the bike perfectly. Just a thought. Here is a link to the picture. BTW, vendor was a real pleasure to work with also. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...PageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

·
Registered
101 Posts
Interesting. I also didn't want to mess up the look of the bike and was thinking about backpacks but didn't realize they made any hardshell types. Is it comfortable? Does it feel like you could wear it several hours? How about the capacity? Enough room to pack for a three-day trip? Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks for the tip!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just came today, so I can't answer the confort part. I can tell you that the shoulder straps are padded and wide and fully adjustable. There is enough room inside for a laptop and or 2-3 days of clothing. There is also an attached holder for cell phone on the shoulder strap. It is very light. I don't think that it weighs more than 2 lbs total.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have a different model then shown there, mine is the Axio Swift Carbon Fiber (http://www.smalldog.com/product/12653196 or http://schwarztech.us/reviews/axioswift.shtml). It holds my 17" Dell Inspirion 9300 laptop but it just squeaks in there. I also have room for all of my laptop accessories and some other small items as well. It holds quite a bit if I don't have the laptop and accessories in there. I can get a rain suit just in the hump part and then have all the rest of the pack for clothes or whatever.

I have several backpacks and this is by far the most comfortable/ergonomic one I have ever had. Some of my others will sometimes cut off circulation or feel like they are pinching but this one has heavy padding and the straps just feel more naturally contoured. Mine also has a cross-support in the front and a case for my cell phone. It also has 4 D-loops on it so you could either use those to clip on extra accesories or to bungee it down to bungee buttons I suppose on the back of your bike or to another pack.

I highly reccomend this back pack if that is what you prefer but it was nice recently when I took a trip and was able to get everything into my tank bag and have the freedom of not wearing that pack. I think I will continue using the Axio for commuting with my laptop but on weekends when I travel on the bike I will be using a combination of my Givi bag along with my tank bag to hual my clothes and accesories.

One peice of advice which my friend Grant gave to me recently after seeing my paint scuffs under my tank bag: Use that soft rubber non-slip backing you may have seen sold for use under rugs. Put it under your tank bag or under your Givi bag if you are mounting it on your cowl. This will help protect your paint and your bag won't shift or slip at all.

-Tim

·
Registered
898 Posts
Wanted said:
Man oh man... I hate to think what would happen if you took a fall with something like this on your back. :eek:
maybe if you curl your legs up and hold them tucked with your arms as you fly off the bike you would slide on the shell and spin like a break dancer :joke:

khrome :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am hoping to use it mostly for short trips back and forth to work. Most of the time all I have to carry with me is a tape measure, legal pad, couple of meters (testers) and some stationary). This would allow me to do that and stow it with ease. If I plan any overnights or anything long distance than the Goldwing comes out. If it is real long and the wife is coming than the Bushtec Trailer comes out. Momma packs like we are never comin home. :p

·
Registered
702 Posts
dilbertian said:
I have a different model then shown there, mine is the Axio Swift Carbon Fiber (http://www.smalldog.com/product/12653196 or http://schwarztech.us/reviews/axioswift.shtml). It holds my 17" Dell Inspirion 9300 laptop but it just squeaks in there. ...
-Tim
I've been looking for something exactly like that for my commute. They are backordered at that particular retailer right now. :(

I assume it's waterproof?

The bigger pack looks great too, but I just finished creating a small wardrobe to keep at the office so I could pack lighter on rides :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have ridden with a back pack since I have mine (May 1st) and I hate back packs :verymad: so today I put these on. They won´t stay on all the time but when I am traveling and or going to rallies I can live with this.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lamonster said:
Man that is a big plate they make you put on there. :eek: Is there anyway around that?

Lamont, No that is the smallest :verymad: The regular size looks like a cookie bake tray The only thing we can do (which I probalbly will) is to have the licence plate mounted on the side but the size will remain the same but at least people can see the back tire a little better.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Mad Dog said:
Lamont, No that is the smallest :verymad: The regular size looks like a cookie bake tray The only thing we can do (which I probalbly will) is to have the licence plate mounted on the side but the size will remain the same but at least people can see the back tire a little better.Â
Can you mount it on the back of a sissy bar/backrest? Least it'll show the fat tire. :)

On the backpack thingy....I wore a backpack for 2 years while in school & riding to/from classes. Way....way...too hot to do it on purpose. :)

If you want something temporary that looks decent, wait until LeatherLyke makes some for the M109R. They look semi-good, they lock, and I can remove them in about 8 seconds if I want the nekkid look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts