M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some one here posted a HD comercial out of youtube, so i copy it and past it on my Face book page, last night i got this responce from a guy that rides the smallest HD 883

Leoncio Padro When you get to where you are going, you got there and that's it. But when you got there on a Harley, you have ARRIVE, and people notice when you have arrive. It may be old tech. and over price but every single jap manufacturer has a model traying to imitate HD, traying to copy HD. You could laugh all you want, but HD still number one. When you arrive on a Harley, you are making an entrance.

Yesterday at 11:16pm ·

Joel Suarez Yeap! you are right, i saw that in a HD comercial !!! the most reliable HD sits in the show room floor never left never arrived....

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Some people take it so personal. I like your response, though; "the most reliable HD sits in the show room floor never left never arrived." :bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
They forgot to mention the Harley Davidson emblazoned Man Thongs.

Now THAT'S totally Bad Ass, ROFLMAO!!!!

PS- Is it proper etiquette to pull the man thong straps up PAST the tops of their harley jeans so other harley riders can appreciate them too?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was riding be some guy on an 883 on the highway earlier this week. I couldn't tell what it was until I blew past it. I honestly thought this guy was riding a 250 Virago. It was so tiny and this was not a big dude on it. It looked ridiculous. All of the sportsters are girl bikes. No guy over 5'5" should ever throw a leg over those things.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
well I came from rideing HDs and yes you do make a entrance, but not like i do with my 9 with my sideburners I`ve been in severial parades and all the HD guys at the end of the parade come over and ask me what is that thing and where did you get that pipe!!! i just smile and tell them it is a Suzuki Bolavard m109r and go on to tell them that is what real horse power sounds like with a huge smile on my face!! and they have all so far had nothing but good complaments about my 9!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Some one here posted a HD comercial out of youtube, so i copy it and past it on my Face book page, last night i got this responce from a guy that rides the smallest HD 883

Leoncio Padro When you get to where you are going, you got there and that's it. But when you got there on a Harley, you have ARRIVE, and people notice when you have arrive. It may be old tech. and over price but every single jap manufacturer has a model traying to imitate HD, traying to copy HD. You could laugh all you want, but HD still number one. When you arrive on a Harley, you are making an entrance.

Yesterday at 11:16pm ·

Joel Suarez Yeap! you are right, i saw that in a HD comercial !!! the most reliable HD sits in the show room floor never left never arrived....
I would have told him that if you are riding a Harley to get noticed, you have bigger issues than overpaying for a 2-wheel vehicle.:a20:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I was riding be some guy on an 883 on the highway earlier this week. I couldn't tell what it was until I blew past it. I honestly thought this guy was riding a 250 Virago. It was so tiny and this was not a big dude on it. It looked ridiculous. All of the sportsters are girl bikes. No guy over 5'5" should ever throw a leg over those things.
883s are cute! A guy riding one is as bad as a guy driving a Slug Bug. If you're gonna ride an 883, there needs to be a flower located on the handlebars....

·
Registered
46 Posts
bikes

I don't care what make bike you have. how big or how small. from scooter to boss hoss just Rideing 2 wheels out in the elements is a thrill. look at anyone rideing always have a smile on there face. we all have one thing in common we like to ride.

·
Registered
169 Posts
They pass the Harleys to see my 109.

I recently made a big air on my own and had it professionally painted to match my white 109 and inscribed "Stingray". I have also added V&H Bigshots, JSD-3, FI2000R and a custom seat. At a rally 3 weeks ago I got TIRED of answering questions about my bike",

Who makes Stingray?
How much horsepower does it have?
How fast will it go?
Where can I get one?

I accomplished my mission: I got noticed. I also won "best of show" in the competition. When I ride up, IT IS AN ENTRANCE THAT THE HARLEY GUYS EVNY!!

We are riding a rare jem, fellows, and not for ONE MINUTE do I regret my purchase of a 109. Enjoy yours!!!

G

·
All he needs to do is reach a destination at the same time as a 9 and he'll see who everyone there thinks has just arrived. :bigthumbsup:

I ride with a local HOG chapter and everywhere we go my 9 gets more attention from the bystanders, and pretty girls, than their shiny dressed up Hardleys. My SO is the chapter director this year so they just grinn and bare it. I try not to rub it in........too much.:D My SO is pretty cool about it too. She doesn't even mind if the pretty girls want to get on the 9.

I just can't be on it at the same time. :eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts