M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in April when I purchased my 109, the service department told me that amsoil is not good for the size of engine on this bike. They said although it is good to the engine that it is bad for the clutch system. Is anyone out there currently running amsoil? I run amsoil in all vehicles and am very pleased to say that the oil in my vehciles and old bike stay cleaner longer. Just curious if there is any truth to what they told me or if they were feeding me a line of B.S. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Use motorcycle Amsol oil as it does not have the friction additives used in cars. I use it in my Honda Gold wWIng and my Hayabusa Drag Bike. It is probably one of the top oils for Harley engines. Just be certain it is motorcycle specific Amsol. They Moly in car oils can possibly cause clutch slipage in motorcycles with wet clutches. Honda HP4 WITHOUT MOLY is very good sylthetic oil for motorcycles also. Honda has HP4 with and without Moly be certain you get the right one from the dealer if you go with the Honda oils.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the different oils for motorcycles and cars. I work with a distributer. I was just curious if there is anyone who uses it in the 109 now. Or if the statement from where I bought my 109 about using it will mess up the clutch is true or not. But thanks for the info... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
At 370 miles I changed the crankcase & rearend oils with Amsoil systhetic 10W40 and I believe 70W90 respectively. The moter is quieter & the transmision shifts smoother. I do not have a reason for this but can tell you it is true. :bigthumbsup: ::)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. I am planning on chaning my oil to amsoil next service check. Just curious how it works in this bike, Thanks for the info.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
+1

have heard good things about amsoil. alot of guys here are running rotella t or amsoil synthetic.

·
Registered
906 Posts
As of today, I currently sell AMSOIL to 11 Members here. 8 have received and installed their oil and have informed me of the improvements in their bikes especially shifting.

Your dealer is wrong and as long as you use the MCF or MCV which are M/C Specific oils, they have additives to actually aid clutch performance.

If anyone tells you that they put AMSOIL in and their clutch slipped, they are.... well, let's just say, they are mistaken, either that or they used an aftermarket additive which is a HUGE NO-NO.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me Toll Free at 1-877-356-6099

Bob

·
Registered
267 Posts
I use amsoil and it's fine. I also add Militec to my engine and drive and it everything better. Really good stuff, but a bit pricey.

·
Registered
906 Posts
If you choose to use an aftermarket additive, and I don't know why anyone would, just remember that you shot yourself in the foot if there is ANY Warranty issue.

Just letting you know.

Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use the amsoil full synthetic 20/50, and lucas oil synthetic lubricant in mine. I got over 4000 miles on my bike and it is running like a dream. I think the people that had the clutch problem used wrong oil or had a clutch problem to begin with. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i think thats overkill. suzuki also recomends no oil additives, for what its worth. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
906 Posts
bob109 is correct and AMSOIL does not recommend any aftermarket additives. I have met some of the additive suppliers that AMSOIL uses and talked with them. They said the same thing and part of the reasoning is that the aftermarket additive MAY cause a problem when blended with the additive packs AMSOIL uses.

If you were to have an oil related failure, oil analysis must be performed with AMSOIL and when the additives are found, you have NO Warranty...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hmmmmm... not so "Rock Bottom".... My total is about $5.00 per case less  $72.00 for the 10-40 plus $8.75 in freight... so that makes mine $80.75 dropped on your door AND for those that qualify, I will give them a 6 month Preferred Customer Membership which is worth $10.00...

That is below "Rock Bottom" pricing

This in No Way is any kind of BS or Price War.... It is my Standard offer to ALL Forum Members !

·
Registered
36 Posts
If anyone lives in or around Edmonton, Alberta I can get them Amsoil syn at cost. I have a commercial account with the main distribution Centre in Edmonton.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts