M109 Rider Forums banner

Would you folks be interested in purchasing Amsoil oil & products at a discount?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't use Amsoil/don't care

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly confident I can persuade an online friend of mine that sells Amsoil to offer it here at a very good deal, provided you can buy a case or more at a time (to cut down shipping costs) and you'll get it shipped direct to your house. Anybody interested?

I bring this up because I see a lot of oil questions/answers already and have seen synthetic (and Amsoil) mentioned a lot as well. Most of the dealers I see sell it for $8+ a quart. I believe my friend will sell it at his cost, or close, which is just at or just over $6.00 a quart.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh...and Lamonster: I apologize. It just dawned on me that this is trying to sell something on the board w/o your permission....please delete this thread if you don't want it here, but I'm really just trying to help you folks get a great deal on some oil. I promise you...I make nothing from this (other, hopefully, than new friends).

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm interested although I could find it at a discount by case some place else. I have seen other boards that have a vendor section which includes voting on the services whenever you buy their products so the rest of us could see who to and not to buy from. I love the internet but I also am not so sure regarding some vendors who are here today and disconnected tomorrow. Watch my back for me will ya??

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Austin109 said:
I'm interested although I could find it at a discount by case some place else. I have seen other boards that have a vendor section which includes voting on the services whenever you buy their products so the rest of us could see who to and not to buy from. I love the internet but I also am not so sure regarding some vendors who are here today and disconnected tomorrow. Watch my back for me will ya??
Well, the guy I'm referring to has been an Amsoil vendor for almost as long as Amsoil has been sold.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I am the one WildWolf has talked about buying AMSOIL Products from.

I will sell ALL Members directly at my cost plus freight and any applicable "Special Taxes" which are in about 8 states, but no sales tax in the lower 48 except FL and soon TN.

So the savings of the sales tax, pretty much negates the freight issue. You cannot buy AMSOIL cheaper even if you were a dealer yourself.

I prefer to stay with the Premium M/C oils, Product Codes MCF 10-40 and MCV 20-50, even though we have two other oils for M/C's. These products are Motorcycle Specific oils and the best you can buy along with our M/C filters which are 85% efficient @ 17 Micron

You can email me or call Toll Free @ 1-877-356-6099

·
Registered
906 Posts
Mobil 1 is a good product, there are just better on the market.

I have a 28 page page "White Paper" report on  the top Motorcycle oils. AMSOIL did not come out on top in every test, but was the overall leader when the numbers were added up.

We will see how things go here and maybe we can get the "White Paper" a place on the forum..

There is no doubt that I am Pro AMSOIL, but after over 22 years being an AMSOIL Dealer, I have found Nothing better, if I do, I'll sell it.

$6.50 per qt is a good deal if it is the New MCV as cost is 6.25 when bought by the case plus freight. Check the back of the bottle for the Product Code, AMV is the old stuff, you can also tell by the front label which is kind of gold and brown where the new MCV is Red, White and Blue !!!

Fritz... where do you live ??

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did I mention Oil Doc can sell filters cheaper and in bulk, too? Cheapest I found my filters locally (Suzuki or K & N brand) were $14.99. They were only $10.99 at my old town's dealer a 2 hour ride away. I get my filters now from Oil Doc for just over $8 a filter.

I picked up a case of oil, and 3 filters (already had 1 left over suzuki filter)...for a GREAT price. :)

Thought I'd offer him a chance to sell more...and those here that DO use it (or want to) to get it at a discount over the stealers.

2 stealers I've checked locally want $8 per quart.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Wild.... I don't want anyone to think that $8.00 is a bad price, 8-8.99 is the going rate and they have overhead to pay. I make my money by selling to quite a few M/C, Automotive, Truck Etc.... dealers and just come here to help people save a little money.

I guess in that sense, I am an AMSOIL Philanthropist.... LOL

·
Registered
817 Posts
I wish I didn't have 8 quarts left, or I'd order some right now. But I will need filters soon, and more oil before the end of the year, so I'm bookmarking this thread.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Canada, Oh Canada....

What I will do for anyone from Canada. When you are ready to order oil, I will pay for your first 6 months of the Preferred Customer Program, which will let you buy at dealer cost for that 6 months.

PLEASE, make sure you are ready to order product. I am literally pulling $15.00 from my pocket to sign you up in the PC Program.

I do this because of the exchange with Canada and their taxes just gets way to confusing.

Bob

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oil Doc said:
I have a 28 page page "White Paper" report on the top Motorcycle oils. AMSOIL did not come out on top in every test, but was the overall leader when the numbers were added up.

We will see how things go here and maybe we can get the "White Paper" a place on the forum..
If you can get me the "White Paper" I can host it at a semi-permanent location, so you can just share the same URL with everybody for it. Might actually be fitting for my domain name.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Wild.... give me a call @ 1-877-356-6099 I will give you the info to get it. It is a 1MB file. I believe in PDF format. If your system does not support that Version, it will automatically give you a download site.

Thanks for the help while I am busy playing contractor.. Bob

And I mis-quoted before, it is the Top 26 M/C oils in a 28 page doc.

Bob...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fritz said:
If I remember correctly,AMSOIL,as of 2 years ago,DID NOT allow for
 Discounts on their oil. No matter if you bought a case,or 5 cases.
 That's just flat out Usury.No other way to explain it.
Plus,Amsoil feels they can GO IT w/o using a regulal group of Retailers,like
 Auto Zone of Wal*Mart.I hope they go under.I hate HoGs !
  Be 4 real. Act American.And Ride Proud ~ :cop:
Thanks, I learned a new word:
Usury. n. pl. u·su·ries
1. The practice of lending money and charging the borrower interest, especially at an exorbitant or illegally high rate.
2. An excessive or illegally high rate of interest charged on borrowed money.
3. Archaic. Interest charged or paid on a loan.

I do not, however, understand how you think Amsoil has anything to do with this word, as they are not doing either of those definitions of the word.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Fritz, Your information about AMSOIL is not correct, don't know where you got it from, but someone is filling you with a bunch of BULLDUNG.

AMSOIL cannot, has not, will not deny anybody giving a discount. That is why it is called Free Enterprise, and if they did, they would be sued for Price Fixing. I can give it away, or sell it for $100.00 per qt if someone wants to pay that. I will sell AMSOIL to all Forum Members at my cost, you can't buy any cheaper than cost. What you will save as your order gets bigger, say your 5 cases over 1 Case, is in freight, the cost per pound goes down as the weight goes up. Of course if you wish to put out about $8.000.00, the freight would be free in the lower 48.

The price a Dealer, Preferred Customer, Retail Acct., or Commercial Acct., is fixed at a certain level by AMSOIL and AMSOIL has the right to tell a Commercial Account that they cannot resell it. Maybe that is what you are referring to. I had a Commercial Customers Account terminated because he was buying and re-selling AMSOIL.

Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, Pep Boys and Discount Auto Parts are just some of the Retailers that have approached AMSOIL and have been denied accounts as AMSOIL has a 12 store policy, THANK GOD. The only way to get around that, would be if the store would be billed at that address and write a check from that address. Most want House Accounts. Car Quest and NAPA are two places where many stores do carry AMSOIL. If you know of a local retailer that wishes to sell AMSOIL, by all means put them in touch with me, I have accounts Nation Wide. AMSOIL has that 12 store policy to protect it's Dealers (Me Included) from being run out of business by the Big Box Stores. That took a huge set of Brass One's for Al Amatuzio to say no to Wal-Mart as they were ready to drop $43.000,000.00 that is $43 MILLION Dollars on their first order.

VZR1800.... I think you are wrong about your No-No's on a Forum.... Only those that Don't Know, Say No....

I am not here to argue, although I am sure it will happen, I am here to inform, have a little fun, and save those that want AMSOIL, a little money.

If someone does not like the Topic of conversation, they are free to move on. That is what is nice about The U.S.A., we are Free to say what we want, when we want, and people like my Father, his brother and hundreds of thousands of Brave Men and Women have gone to War for, To Protect Those Rights, Yours and Mine.

God Bless America !!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Oil Doc,

Since you've been so kind as to offer these discounts to us, let us do you a return favor and save you some time and typing...

Fritz is kind of an eccentric. No one really understands a thing he is saying most of the time. Which is good, because no one really cares anyway.

Got it? Good. Alright then, carry on. :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i payed 10 bucks at the amsoil website to become a preferred member or whatever. it let's you buy the stuff at wholesale prices. i was buying a case of motorcycle synth, and it made it cheaper to pay the 10 bucks. i plan on buying my car oils from there as well now.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes, but I can save you the tax as long as you are in the lower 48 except FL and TN.... The PC Membership does not allow you to do that, sorry.

But if anyone wants to be able to do as 'phaed' has, I'll gladly pick up the ten bucks for that 6 months Preferred Customer Membership with your order of a case or more. So now you not only buy oil at my cost, but get 6 months of the AMSOIL Action News.

Bob

BTW... I had already picked up on Fritz but I had a few moments to kill... LOL

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey oil doc, How can you take my last post so seriously ? Relax, man. I'm an Amsoiler myself.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts