M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to get a bottle of 75/90. Anyone use it? I looked for the GL-5 rating, but can't seem to find it for sure. Just wanted a little confirmation before putting it in my bike. Also, the amsoil website does not specifically state the gear oil they have is for bikes. Just wondering.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Use it

I'm about to get a bottle of 75/90. Anyone use it? I looked for the GL-5 rating, but can't seem to find it for sure. Just wanted a little confirmation before putting it in my bike. Also, the amsoil website does not specifically state the gear oil they have is for bikes. Just wondering.
I install Amsoil gear oil in every bike through my shop. It meets GL5 which is the standard classification for hypoid lube. You won't be disappointed.

Tracy

·
Registered
216 Posts
I HAVE USED IT SINCE MY BIKE WAS NEW CHANGED IT OUT AT 300 MILES AND THEN EVERY OIL CHANGE (3000 MILES) I KNOW ITS OVER KILL BUT THAT MY CHOICE AND IT DOES NOT TAKE A WHOLE LOT OF OIL TO REFILL IT,AND OF COURSE IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING I USE AMSIOL MOTOR OIL ALSO.LOVE THE RESULTS I GET FROM USING IT SHIFTS BETTER AND I KNOW I USING A QUALITY OIL IN MY M TOO

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I second the suggestion to contact oil doc. He'll get you the best prices on all Amsoil products, and he's a good guy to work with.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I located a dealer near me and he's been good to me so far. I'm sure shipping would be killer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts