M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im doing my 600 mile check up myself and the book says I should replace the gear oil with "SAE 90 hypoid gear oil with GL-5 under API classification" now i went to the dealer and only found SAE 80W 90 gear oil... he said it was the heaviest he had, will this do the trick? i know somebody said that they used amsoil gear oil, but i cant find that ANYWHERE, even at the custom bike shop... ANY ADVICE!?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have a case of Amsoil gear oil I have had for years since all of my cars are automatic transaxle and the bikes only use 7oz or so. the Amsoil gear oil is rated 75-90w which means it is good across the range of temps like multi viscosity motor oils (20-50w) no problems using it in all my shaft drive bikes. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Recommended AMSOIL Product Code for ALL Shaft Drive Bikes is SVG, it is the top of the line Gear Lube .

I sell it for $8.50 per qt... The killer is freight... Unless you wish to buy oil and filters too, then the freight is cheap....

Also, if you buy from me, there is no sales tax in the lower 48 so that negates the freight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts