M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, was I the only one who saw this and just smiled last night? It might have been a rerun but American Thunder reviewed the upcoming Victory Hammer, I swear EVERYTHING on their bike is copied from ours. Right down to the rear seat cowl, big fork tubes, duel disk brakes on front, only 100 CI motor, exhaust pipes and all....I just set there on my couch smiling and shaking my head. Oh and the announcer hinted at the end you could pick one up in the $20,000 range, LMAO they fell short on being a total copy cat. Oh yeah, they put a fat back tire on it also. ::)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I saw the bike,with it's RED wheels, black instead of chrome,SHEESH! We have the sharpest, best H.P., MLG., PRICE,& beautifully unique beast out there for REAL! :bigthumbsup: :D WE know it, if Suzuki does'nt advertise 'em,our gain.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Accually the Hammer was the first with everything you descrided, saw the review on American Thunder, its a good looking bike but you are right, overpriced!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
They also copied the way the rear light is frenched into the fender. Good looking bike but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive. I have rode my buddies Victory but that model did not have the big tire in back. They are nice bikes and I believe them to be way better than a HD but still OVERPRICED! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like that it comes with chrome wheels and a 6 speed, but with the right side drive, it looks a little like you might have to remove the exhaust just to replace a drive belt.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
yep, hammer was around before our baby. i saw the special, and loved it. respect.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't think they resemble each other much. Although, it does look very nice. :doorag:

·
Registered
58 Posts
As several others stated...If anything suzuki copied the Hammer, it was out first.

But the M109R looks better and cost a lot less :)

sh

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Its funny that this was posted today because i was gonna state my opinion of the hammer and the jackpot.

Let me first start by saying to each his own with like and dislikes and this is only my opinion.

I have been off work so to fill some free time that i have had at my disposal i stop into my local victory dealer to see the competition. Was not impressed in the slightest. both bikes look naked compared to my 109. and the price :eek: $20,000 but will let go for $19,000. The seat cowl and seats looked and felt very cheap. I think the only thing that i liked about the hammer i believe was the handle bars. ride position was i felt would be pretty comfortable, not as long a reach as the 109. oh yeah it comes stock with a 250mm rear tire which was impressive.
Overall for the money the m109r is killer in all aspects, but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Latinrascal, YOU are CORRECT, sir! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Local dealership here carries both lines (suzuki and victory)...so as you walk in the door they push the M109R...

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
If you recorded that show or have a chance to watch it again listen to what the guy reviewing it says in the comparison to HD motors. He makes the statement that the engine is taller due to overhead cams and that does help it rev out compared to pushrod motors but then goes on to say it is "water cooled" and that is why it is quieter than HD motors. I was so shocked, they out to be embarrassed for making such a technical snafu and it tells me a TV show like that ought to have better technically educated people. the bike does have an oil cooler on it but that does not qualify it as "water cooled". Cool looking bike, just cost too much. I think Victory's best bike for the buck is the 8 ball which this year comes all blacked out even the wheels. I saw it at the bike show a couple weeks ago and it looks good, might need a tire bigger than a 180 for the fat tired bunch but I know it handles good from a buddy that has one and it does now have the 100" motor but gets by with the 5 speed tranny instead of the new 6 speed.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oops, My apology. Oh well, our bike is the copy cat :(, and managed to do it for thousands, upon thousands of dollars cheaper :bigthumbsup: Thanks for the pictures of the Hammer guys, I was in a bit of a hurry this morning when I made this thread. That Victory is still a sharp bike, but for the money saved, Wow that'll pay for a nice vacation for the wife and I.....

·
Registered
765 Posts
It looks a lot better with the jackpot headlight instead of the headlight it used to have.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I looked at this bike when it first came out and all I had to do was run my fingers over the jugs a few times and listen to the tin sound - that means there's not much there. Don't even think they are milled or even came close to CNC machine. Then when I heard that Arlen Ness was working or some of the parts for the Hammer I went and looked again. All I can say is he must need the money because I don't really see what you get from him or the bike.

We all made the right pick from the get go - M109 all the way :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
The Hammer was actually one of the bikes I was concidering before seing the 9. I'd been following it, reading everything I could get hold of...and then Suzuki gave a peek at the 9 and I was totally blown away. No regrets here, and given a choice of a second bike...between the Hammer and a VROD...I'd take the Hammer (and still save some bucks)...hahaha...no I'm not a hater :evil: :doorag:

Devilish

1 - 20 of 24 Posts