M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going to attend? Some of us are going to meet up for a ride to Ben & Jerry's in Vermont on the 9th of June. If anyone is interested let me know. I will post details as the time approaches.

Grant

·
Registered
67 Posts
I could be up for a M109r round up @ Americade. I live 1-1/2 hours from Lake George. There is an awesome road you can hit on your way to Ben & Jerry's, Route 17. Its a mountain gap road with some awesome switchbacks. Keep me posted when we get closer to the event!

·
Registered
101 Posts
vtt, i live in albany about an hour from lake george, where are you located? Obviously i'll be at americade we ought to get together.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We, my wife and I, will be staying with her family in Glens Falls. As I said in my post we are going to do a ride from S. Glens Falls to Rutland Vermont on the 9th. You're welcome to join in. If that doesn't work in your schedule let me know. We will be heading up to Glens Falls from home (about a 350 mile trip) on Thursday and returning home on Sunday.

Grant

·
Registered
363 Posts
i'll be staying at the depe dene resort 3494 Lake Shore Drive
Lake George, NY 12814 and would love to get together for a ride lets make sure we all touch base before the 4th and get a concrete time and place

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sixshooter said:
i'll be staying at the depe dene resort 3494 Lake Shore Drive
Lake George, NY 12814 and would love to get together for a ride lets make sure we all touch base before the 4th and get a concrete time and place
:bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, We are organizing a ride to Ben & Jerrys on Friday June 9th.Here's the info. If anyone is interested just meet us at the starting point.

OK folks here is how it goes. We all meet at the Hess gas station in S. Glens Falls on Rt. 9 N at 10:30. To get there from I-87 take exit 17N. From there we will take Rt 4 to Fair Haven. From there we will take Rt. 22A. That will take us to Halfway Restaurant which is about an hour from the start point. After Lunch we continue on Rt. 22A to Vergennes and take Rt. 7. We follow Rt. 7 to Rt. 89 towards Montpelier. We take Exit 10 off of 89 and pick up Rt. 100 towards Stowe Vermont. Ben & Jerrys is on Rt. 100 in Waterbury.

Total trip time is 2 Hours and 15 minutes not counting Lunch.

We can either reverse the route to get back or we can:

Take Rt. 100 South to Warren Vermont. Then take 17 West to Rt. 9/22 South. Then follow 9N South back to So. Glens Falls.

Everyone can diperse at any point they want on the route back.

If there is anyone from the area that knows of a problem with either of these routes please let me know.

Grant

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gradona said:
OK, We are organizing a ride to Ben & Jerrys on Friday June 9th.Here's the info. If anyone is interested just meet us at the starting point.

OK folks here is how it goes. We all meet at the Hess gas station in S. Glens Falls on Rt. 9 N at 10:30. To get there from I-87 take exit 17N. From there we will take Rt 4 to Fair Haven. From there we will take Rt. 22A. That will take us to Halfway Restaurant which is about an hour from the start point. After Lunch we continue on Rt. 22A to Vergennes and take Rt. 7. We follow Rt. 7 to Rt. 89 towards Montpelier. We take Exit 10 off of 89 and pick up Rt. 100 towards Stowe Vermont. Ben & Jerrys is on Rt. 100 in Waterbury.

Total trip time is 2 Hours and 15 minutes not counting Lunch.

We can either reverse the route to get back or we can:

Take Rt. 100 South to Warren Vermont. Then take 17 West to Rt. 9/22 South. Then follow 9N South back to So. Glens Falls.

Everyone can diperse at any point they want on the route back.

If there is anyone from the area that knows of a problem with either of these routes please let me know.

Grant
Depending on the weather and how our tent is doing we might be able to get away for a little while and do part of the trip with you. Lamont and I will have both of the M109's up there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HalGreenlee said:
Depending on the weather and how our tent is doing we might be able to get away for a little while and do part of the trip with you. Lamont and I will have both of the M109's up there.
Cool, It would be a pleasure to meet both of you :bigthumbsup:.

Grant

·
Registered
67 Posts
Gradona, sounds good! The trip back would be great on rt.100 and 17. Rt. 17 is my backyard, great road. Looks like my wife and I can take Fri off and meet up for the ride. SOmething to look forward to. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry but I just looked at the 4 day forcast and it looks like cold rain for the next 4 days with Sunday being the only nice day. Donna and I have made an executive decision, we are staying home . As Much as we are gonna miss the Rally and seeing everyone, we have already spent one cold and rainy weekend this Spring and we are not quite up for another. Maybe next year.

Grant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts