M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A handful of burnouts and this thing is tracking about 6.5 inches on the highway.  Should be time to start pulling the front end up. 1550 miles. ( $250.00 mounted = $0.16 a mile or $25.00 a burnout )

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have to replace my rear tire -- but not because of burnouts. I picked up a big nail. The first nail in over 30,000 miles of riding the last two years! :verymad:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
jamiesM109R said:
A handful of burnouts and this thing is tracking about 6.5 inches on the highway. Should be time to start pulling the front end up. 1550 miles. ( $250.00 mounted = $0.16 a mile or $25.00 a burnout )
Shop the Net for the best tire prices you can find. When you get the lowest price then call the sponsor of this sight, Direct Line Parts, and ask for their competitive pricing policy ( you have to call their toll free # ), you'll get your best lowest price from them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If Ya All Live Any were Near Orlando Fla, I Can Do your Tire Changes for Ya :D I Can Mount And Balance them.. LMK!

Kevin

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've got 4,079 miles on mine and it's nowhere near done yet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got a screw in mine..Insurance replaced it for $0.
Best $199 I've ever spent..5 years of tire and wheel replacement.
I think it's $299 regularly but still a deal.
Heck the rear wheel costs $1200 and a blowout at 100 or so just might hurt it too.

G

·
Your not alone my tire picked something up going 70 on the interstate, never did find out what it was, just a pea size hole. I almost lost the bike.Since then I found suzuki has the tire on back order not that I would pay what they want.My dealer said I can't mix the tire type's because it would affect the bike's handling.I found tires on the internet but most dealers won't put them on unless you buy them there.I have thought about taking my rear wheel and tire off but I'm not sure I can do it. It's been a week and I'm going nuts not riding. I have ridden thousands of miles and never had this happen, I usually watch for debris in the road.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
I think i had 78 mile on the bike when I picked up the 12 penny nail in the rear. I tell my wife that's why I have to get the new 280...... :joke: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:Oh , AND it'll make her but look smaller

:a20: Too Funny... I have to use that one on my wife...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
BradBike said:
I got a screw in mine..Insurance replaced it for $0.
Best $199 I've ever spent..5 years of tire and wheel replacement.
I think it's $299 regularly but still a deal.
Heck the rear wheel costs $1200 and a blowout at 100 or so just might hurt it too.
$1200 for a rear wheel?? Didn't know they cost that much! :confused:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Didn't damage my tire but bent rim against a curb. When they told me 1200 bucks I almost cried. Tire is not out of line and the seal is good and in no danger of slipping tire so it will be bent for some time to come at that price. Cant see it when I am rolling anyway!!! :D I am hoping that after the new models come out and parts start to catch up with demand that they will come down some...I hope I hope I hope!!!!

G

·
Kevin Kuiper said:
If Ya All Live Any were Near Orlando Fla, I Can Do your Tire Changes for Ya :D I Can Mount And Balance them.. LMK!

Kevin
Where in Orlando? We have quite a few from Central Florida.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts