M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question for discussion and I mean no disrespect to any one but am I one of the few or only one that's in no hurry to Mod anything on this bike? I mean, yes eventually I would like the motorguards, the one engine cover chrome maybe just a couple of other things but as it sits right now completely stock, it makes me very happy. Keep in mind, this statement comes from someone fresh off a modded sportbike with a FE, Frame sliders and swing arm sliders, Yoshi exhaust, led blinkers and etc. so yes I'm into modding but in no hurry with this piece of perfection! Thanks Suzuki!

G

·
Back in April when I got home I cut off the beavertail. Within 20 minutes I began chopping it up. I am still not done. I can't ride the same thing that everyone else is. Mine has to be different.

·
Registered
642 Posts
silveRRocket said:
My question for discussion and I mean no disrespect to any one but am I one of the few or only one that's in no hurry to Mod anything on this bike? I mean, yes eventually I would like the motorguards, the one engine cover chrome maybe just a couple of other things but as it sits right now completely stock, it makes me vet alonery happy. Keep in mind, this statement comes from someone fresh off a modded sportbike with a FE, Frame sliders and swing arm sliders, Yoshi exhaust, led blinkers and etc. so yes I'm into modding but in no hurry with this piece of perfection! Thanks Suzuki!
No Silver ur not alone I've already decided when my LE comes in it's staying pretty much stock. I'm going to debadge and loose the plastic tail but that's about it. I like the 109 just as is. No change in grips, mirriors, pegs, pipes, intakes it's all staying. More power to the guys that do mod work but I've been down that road one too many times dumping tons of money in my metric & american V Twins then selling them not long after I'm done mod work. The 109 is the only bike I've seen that I could really just leave as is. I even wish they offered an all blacked out & satin finish version which requires no polishing. Just wipe it down and go! Maybe we could start the no mod club. :D :joke:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Silver - I'm with you. I'm quite happy with the stock '9. I'd like the chrome engine guard and possibly new grips, but it suits me just fine as it is. If I were you, the only thing I would do is paint it black to make it faster :joke:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Modding promotes individuality. I have never owned any vehicle that I didn't mod in some way to make it "mine". Sometimes small things that may not seem significant can make a world of difference in the eye of the beholder. I agree that Suzuki has designed the ULTIMATE cruiser and mine will be just that. "mine" I have not tried to compensate for design flaws (except the license bracket) all other changes are for me. So I guess if you should happen to end up at bike night and there happens to be three 109's you will be happy bone stock??? To each his own.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm with you as far as the appearance of the bike. I think that it looks great just the way it is. The only mods I have done, with the exception of losing the mud flap, are to increase performance. And unfortunately, the filters I changed to did change the look some, but it was necessary to improve performance.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I like the bike the way it is, but I want to change out to a regular headlight and put on a fairing so I can take longer trips. Trouble is, I simply don't have the budget to do all these mods. I have two high school age kids and one in grade school and they take all my mad money for band fees, football gear, new sneakers, groceries, etc. I wish I could be like these guys who do all these mods but I simply can't afford it. Whoa is me....I'm just a poor State employee who just luvs to ride and can't afford a pot to piss in (cue the violins! :D :joke:)

G

·
That is what makes motorcycling so great. You can do whatever you want with your ride. If you are happy with the bike stock, that is great. You are one of the lucky ones - you will have more money in your pocket. I have the bug real bad and can't leave things alone. I have to chop things up, add chrome, paint, electronics, and change things around. That is just me.

As I always say, that is why there's Vanilla and Chocolate. It wouldn't be any fun if we all liked the same thing. You do what makes you happy. :p :p

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't have to many mods other than maybe drilling the pipes,,,,she's a beauty right out of the box and as far as originality.....live in NJ and been on more than a few big bike runs and still haven't come across another 109'...that's originality :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Bruno said:
That is what makes motorcycling so great. You can do whatever you want with your ride. If you are happy with the bike stock, that is great. You are one of the lucky ones - you will have more money in your pocket. I have the bug real bad and can't leave things alone. I have to chop things up, add chrome, paint, electronics, and change things around. That is just me.

As I always say, that is why there's Vanilla and Chocolate. It wouldn't be any fun if we all liked the same thing. You do what makes you happy. :p :p
Gotta agree! Half the fun of ownership is riding.... the other half is modifying, tweeking, bending, forming, moving, painting and adding pieces which make your ride unique and individual. On those rainy or winter days when you have excess time on your hands it's fun to get them dirty and turn your bike into something just a little different than anyone else's. Had a good season this year...9000 miles on the bike and untold hours in the garage fabing custom "one off" parts. Life is good :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
yeah me too,...i started with the suzuki tank cover, changed blinkers and installed a front fender mud flap to keep the debris out of my radiator fins......

then i drilled my pipes...didnt like the sound and plugged the holes back up
i like the stock quite'r thumpin sound alot better..

.......so all in all my bike is still stock and i kinda like it like it is....
..it has the looks and all the power this ol boy needs...so i'm happy leavin it stock.

.so for now, no more mods......but i must admit,  my new 07 avalanche has drawn some of my attention and extra money lately, for stuff like custom wheels, etc... :D

tc

·
Registered
702 Posts
I echo The sentiments here. Whatever you do, as long as it's enjoyable is good. If one of the enjoyable challenges to you is trying to keep a bike stock, then that's fun.

That stock rear tire looks so small now compared to the others we see pics of on this site ..... :joke:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the stock setup as well. I did cut off the tail and re-locate the rear signal lights. Oh, and I have the JSD mod in my hands as we speak. I'll probably do the air-ride thingy and I want custom paint and chrome wheels and footpeg brackets. But then maybe I'll stop...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I by no means meant anything bad by this thread to those that have modded. I really intended it to praise Suzuki and its owners on a fine machine. I will do some modding, I'm just in no hurry. As a matter of fact, funny thing is, after I started this thread yesterday, I get home and my Rifle windshield I ordered a few weeks back was sitting by the front door.. :bigthumbsup: Sorry about the picture quality, I'm at work and had to use my cell phone.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I almost forgot... Old age memory..... Coming off of a 600RR my first mod was getting rid of "the beaver tail" doing a fender eliminator kit for $104, yes I could have done it free I know, but I liked the kit I purchased and the lights that came with it. I later found out yes tag lights are required by law and I had them, but what I found out courtesy of advice from a State trooper instructing my MSF course was those little 3 inch reflectors on the mud flap, well, they are "law" also. In most states, not having that reflector, is "reason" for them to stop you and ticket you. That MSF instructor/ state trooper was a cool guy and was cutting up with me about my sport bike because I started cutting up with him first by offering to teach endos, stoppies and wheelies, then, he got serious and told me that if he was on duty that he would pull me over and ticket me for no reflector and an obstructed tag also, although it wasn't "obstructed" it was just under the tail of the bike at an angle but completly readable. I know most of y'all don't care but this is just one of them "just so you know" things. As a matter of fact, I might take the chance and probably will get in the mood one day to do the "beaver tail" mod.

·
Registered
642 Posts
silveRRocket said:
I by no means meant anything bad by this thread to those that have modded. I really intended it to praise Suzuki and its owners on a fine machine. I will do some modding, I'm just in no hurry. As a matter of fact, funny thing is, after I started this thread yesterday, I get home and my Rifle windshield I ordered a few weeks back was sitting by the front door.. :bigthumbsup: Sorry about the picture quality, I'm at work and had to use my cell phone.
I don't think anyone took this post the wrong way did they? Really it's a personal choice to mod or not mod I think most agree this 109 is one sharp bike modded or not! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
booda said:
I don't think anyone took this post the wrong way did they? Really it's a personal choice to mod or not mod I think most agree this 109 is one sharp bike modded or not! :bigthumbsup:
Maybe nobody took it wrong that are into modding. Like I stated, I'm into modding also to add that "personal" touch, I'm just in no hurry at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts