M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed today while riding on flat level roads that my handle bars don't look straight. It looks as if the right hand riser sits slightly lower than the left. I had the bars off doing the tach relocate, but can't see that causing a problem. Anyone??

·
Registered
300 Posts
tilt your head the other way... that does amazing work:joke: not sure, sorry!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I don't know if you have stock risers or not, but my Kewl metal risers have to be tweaked occasionally. I noticed if I turn the bars to the end stop the risers may move a tiny bit. I just turn the bars to the opposite stop and pull a little. Straightens them out and then I tighten the Allen head bolt under the triple tree. this might not be your problem, but I've had it happen a few times to mine. :dontknow:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Noticed today while riding on flat level roads that my handle bars don't look straight. It looks as if the right hand riser sits slightly lower than the left. I had the bars off doing the tach relocate, but can't see that causing a problem. Anyone??
sounds crazy:joke:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I don't know if you have stock risers or not, but my Kewl metal risers have to be tweaked occasionally. I noticed if I turn the bars to the end stop the risers may move a tiny bit. I just turn the bars to the opposite stop and pull a little. Straightens them out and then I tighten the Allen head bolt under the triple tree. this might not be your problem, but I've had it happen a few times to mine. :dontknow:
:agree:even my stockers tweak alittle now and then, I've noticed mine a couple times and ended up tightening the handlebar cap bolts and haven't seen a problem since

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
:agree: It happens, mine changed when I did my re-locate. The risers just turned slightly and it tweeked the handlebars. Loosen the bolts and set them so they look straight, then retighten and you should be good to go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts